Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MK7.5 2018 SE NAV DSG coasting problems - random occurences

Post Thanks / Like
    VW have issued a software update. I have had it applied. It is going to be distributed as some sort of technical bulletin to all dealers soon. But it is available if they ask Vw technical or Vw Germany.

I will advise if fixed or not but won’t know as mine was intermittent. Sometimes weeks without any errors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all.
    I'm new to this forum and need some advice please.
    I have a Golf Match 1.5 TSI EVO 130PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door that has the extra battery under the passenger seat and that has the "Coast Feature" where the engine actually switches OFF.
    Could someone please let me know if the Golf Match 1.5 TSI EVO 150PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door has Coast Feature AND does the engine switch off? If it is anything like a friend's Skoda Octavia, it can Coast but it only disengages the two gearboxes from the engine but the engine continues to run at idle speed.
    Thanks in advance
    retiredbri
    2019 Golf Match 1.5 TSI EVO 130PS 7-speed DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

What year Golf Match 1.5 TSI EVO 130PS

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2017-07/2019, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: DACA, 96Kw, 130PS, 1.5 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI)

Read the handbook?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2017-07/2019, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: DACA, 96Kw, 130PS, 1.5 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI)

Read the handbook?
    Oops sorry, just back from a relaxing holiday - maybe too relaxing

The Golf Match 1.5 TSI EVO 130PS is late August 2019.

The handbook I have is for the 130PS DSG. I'm having problems with the engine & EMU going into Coast Mode with the engine stopped and not wanting to come out. Fatal on a steep hill when I want engine braking. If the 150PS didn't have this feature then my wife and myself (both in our mid 70's) could approach the dealer to change to the 150PS because we were not told of the engine stopping and only had a test drive in the 150PS that the dealer said was the same as the 130PS.
    Hope you can help
    regards Retiredbri
    Last edited by retiredbri; 15-09-19 at 13:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredbri View Post
    Hi all.
    I'm new to this forum and need some advice please.
    I have a Golf Match 1.5 TSI EVO 130PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door that has the extra battery under the passenger seat and that has the "Coast Feature" where the engine actually switches OFF.
    Could someone please let me know if the Golf Match 1.5 TSI EVO 150PS 7-speed DSG 5 Door has Coast Feature AND does the engine switch off? If it is anything like a friend's Skoda Octavia, it can Coast but it only disengages the two gearboxes from the engine but the engine continues to run at idle speed.
    Thanks in advance
    retiredbri

I can only go by what I’ve been told in dealership.......

But it sounds like you are correct. The 150 coasts but the engine keeps on running (either at idle or less cylinders). But does not switch off. This only occurs when in eco mode so it won’t even coast in normal driving mode.

The 150 doesn’t have the battery under seat so needs the engine to be running to power accessories.
    Last edited by Vwvwvwvw9; 15-09-19 at 14:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwvwvwvw9 View Post
    I can only go by what I’ve been told in dealership.......

But it sounds like you are correct. The 150 coasts but the engine keeps on running (either at idle or less cylinders). But does not switch off. This only occurs when in eco mode so it won’t even coast in normal driving mode.

The 150 doesn’t have the battery under seat so needs the engine to be running to power accessories.
    Thanks.
    The 150 PS sounds just like the Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI DSG we used to have. The 130PS coasts with the engine off in both Eco AND Drive mode. You can't stop it except by going into Sports mode.

We need to see the dealer and quick.

regards retiredbri

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredbri View Post
    Oops sorry, just back from a relaxing holiday - maybe too relaxing

The Golf Match 1.5 TSI EVO 130PS is late August 2019.

The handbook I have is for the 130PS DSG. I'm having problems with the engine & EMU going into Coast Mode with the engine stopped and not wanting to come out. Fatal on a steep hill when I want engine braking. If the 150PS didn't have this feature then my wife and myself (both in our mid 70's) could approach the dealer to change to the 150PS because we were not told of the engine stopping and only had a test drive in the 150PS that the dealer said was the same as the 130PS.
    Hope you can help
    regards Retiredbri

There was a service bulletin and software update issued about a week or two ago which stops any error messages appearing and couple other changes.

Its designed to coast like like you say. If that’s a problem on steep hills then just put it into manual. Many automatics you need to do this to stop it racing away.

Another way way to stop the engine going off is to use braking. A small amount of braking won’t cause engine to come on but a medium to heavy brake causes engine to start. I really do not have a problem even on a very steep long hill. It’s just the way many automatics work and just something to be aware of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwvwvwvw9 View Post
    There was a service bulletin and software update issued about a week or two ago which stops any error messages appearing and couple other changes.

Its designed to coast like like you say. If that’s a problem on steep hills then just put it into manual. Many automatics you need to do this to stop it racing away.

Another way way to stop the engine going off is to use braking. A small amount of braking won’t cause engine to come on but a medium to heavy brake causes engine to start. I really do not have a problem even on a very steep long hill. It’s just the way many automatics work and just something to be aware of.
    I can't dispute what you say BUT we were told that the 130PS DSG was exactly the same as the 150PS DSG except for having 20PS less. We wanted a VW that did what the old 2014 Skoda Octavia 1.4L TSI DSG did.
    We have been driving since 1964. Our old 2014 Skoda Octavia had done and 67,000 miles in 5 years average 57mpg and was still on the ORIGINAL pads and discs. We hardly ever touched the brakes!
    My wife will NEVER use Cruise Control because she always wants to be in control. She is no slouch and frequently made 175 mile journeys to see her sister travelling on B, A roads and the M5, M42, M40, M25 and M11 ON HER OWN.
    Imagine her shock when the Golf 130PS when in Drive mode decided to stay in coast mode on a steep hill. She had never had to use manual before and just kept the Skoda in Drive mode applying the brakes gently to keep the DSG is D3 or D4?
    We had a lot of vehicles behind us and applying "medium to heavy brakes" would have caused a shunt. Her confidence has been shattered and she refuses to drive it!
    The dealer has said the 130PS "is designed to Coast with the Engine Off in ECO and Drive mode"

Hence my opening post "can someone please help"
    regards retiredbri
    Last edited by retiredbri; 17-09-19 at 17:15.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567