Thread: Touareg Space Saver

Post Thanks / Like

Touareg Space Saver

Hi,

I have a 64 plate Touareg and I am looking to buy a space saver tyre for it. I bought one that I thought was the right size (Vredestein Space Master 195/80-17 106), but it doesn’t fit in the boot as the metal wheel diameter wasn’t large enough to go over the metal boot mould. The tyres I have on the vehicle are 275/45R20.

Does anyone know which space saver I need to buy as VW are quoting me near £400 for one.

Thanks
    2014 Touareg Engine????

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

ETKA shows:

Aluminium rim with folding tyre (emergency wheel) space saver 6.5Jx18 ET28 - 7P0 601 011 B - £352.61 which was dropped on 01/05/2014 for 7P0 601 011 A - £375.72

PR Code: 1G1 Group: RER Description: Space-saving spare wheel

The diameter of the space saver won't match the normal wheel diameter. Mine are 17" and the space saver is 16"

If you have a space saver you don't need to buy a wheel and tyre.

It shows just the tyre with no details. As at a tyre fitting depot for a price?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK understood and thanks for the info.
    2014 Touareg Engine????

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 64 plate spare wheel red unused the one that sits on top of the adblue tank! Do you still need one?
    2019 Golf SV SE NAV 1.5 TSI EVO DSG