Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oil that glows

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SadClouds View Post
    Never heard of them. How are they better than Mobil 1 or Castrol which are recommended by VW?
    I'm merely reflecting on the media hype and the fact that they're in the 40 price range. Have a look on the likes of YT. Both Liqui Moly and Motul seem to get bells and whistles appraisals.

What benefits have you noticed using Mobil 1 oil?
    2003 Bora 1.9 TDI-PD, ATD
    2011 Polo 1.2 TDI-CR CFWA

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest, all modern oils, even the cheap stuff, are amazing in many respects, except where they have been castrated by regulators to remove the additives that protect wiping surfaces.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diyspanner View Post
    What benefits have you noticed using Mobil 1 oil?
    Just the stuff I read on various forums, some people say Mobil 1 is quite good, Castrol is about average, see the link below. Somebody did chemical analysis of Mobil 1 and Castrol oils. Mobil 1 ESP had good amounts of Molybdenum and Boron (which allegedly is good sign of quality oil, I assume they are additives that protect and clean engine parts), Castrol Edge didn't seem to have any of those additives.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-th...r-Castrol-Edge
    2015 Golf 2.0 TDI-CR CRBC

Post Thanks / Like
    For whatever their worth, a set tests for various brand grades and specifications.
    2003 Bora 1.9 TDI-PD, ATD
    2011 Polo 1.2 TDI-CR CFWA

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not into who's the best , a spec is a spec and 504.00 507.00 is up there .

I change oil like some people change their socks .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123