Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk6 Golf electric windows opening when not at the car

Post Thanks / Like

Post Mk6 Golf electric windows opening when not at the car

Hi,
    Re. 2010 Mk6 Golf SE Estate 2.0 TDI manual.
    New to this so bare with me if I'm not posting the correct icons etc.

I'm trying to work out what to do regarding the electric windows opening without the key fob being activated.
    Been in touch with VW main dealer and they want 99 to diagnose the fault!

From what I've read, it seems to be a common fault but main dealer didn't acknowledge this.
    Is there a software update that solves the issue and, if it is a VW software issue, do I have to pay, as it seems its only VW that do the software update? Got me by the ...….!! Maybe.
    Are there other ways to resolve etc.?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks EP

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    I've just started on this today and without reading the required sections posted my concern about me car.
    So here goes:
    I have fixed and broken many cars in my time and claim to have fixed more than I've broken. My apprenticeship helped there!
    I currently have a Golf and Passat, both estates, and have had a good run with VWs in general. Few issues but easy to work on once you get he gist of their style.
    Hopefully I'll be able to contribute on this as time goes by.
    Look forward to seeing a few issues on here I can help with.
    Cheers for now.EP

Post Thanks / Like
    More than likely it is the remote control being pressed, in all the case I have personally come across, turning off the facility to open the windows with the remote solves this problem or the amount of time the button has to be pressed for to perform this can be increased and the reception range reduced.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    More than likely it is the remote control being pressed, in all the case I have personally come across, turning off the facility to open the windows with the remote solves this problem or the amount of time the button has to be pressed for to perform this can be increased and the reception range reduced.
    Hi Crasher,
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I was coming to the conclusion that turning the facility was the best way forward.
    Is this something I can do without any interface equipment etc?
    Thanks again. EP

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had this happen once in three years of ownership - about two years ago. Returned to the car and all windows fully open. I found an option to "disable convenience" which seemed to apply to windows open. I set this to disabled and to date it has never happened again.
    I know at the time I hadn't accidentally pressed the fob as it was hanging in my "safe place" and hung there the same way I have done countless times.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi S&A,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Could you tell me where you fond the "disable convenience" please?
    Was it using a VCDS scanner or is it soemthing that I can do without connecting to something?

Thanks
    EP

Post Thanks / Like
    Our cars are different (Mk6 and Mk7) but the system may well be similar. Handbooks probably different as well but on page 65 of mine the "convenience" setting is listed with info to use CAR button, then settings, then opening and closing.
    Disabling of this "feature" all done on the infotainment screen via the relevant buttons.
    No VCDS needed - on mine anyhow.

I haven't actually done this since the original issue, just going from memory and the info in the handbook.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have a look through the handbook.
    I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the same thing happen to me, my 2013 Touran shares many parts with the Mk6 - I think there is a convivence setting in the MFD menu.
    2013 Touran 2.0 TDI (CFHC - D91) SE DSG (PBF -G1A) Acapulco Blue Metallic, Retro Fit Front Fog lights, Westfalia Detachable Towbar
    2015 Skoda Fabia (Mk3) 1.2 TSI(110) SE DSG Silver. ( I was previously posting as thamestrader)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast