Thread: Independent VW garage

Post Thanks / Like

Independent VW garage

Hi all,

I need a minor service, brake fluid change, cambelt and water pump replacement on my 2013 Golf SE 1.4 TSI DSG. Dealer quoting 730. Does anyone know of any good independent garages in the North London/Herts area that can do this for a more reasonable price.

Thanks in advance.
    2013 Golf SE 1.4 TSI, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Either get personal recommendations or use the good garage scheme website. It is not unfair to judge a garage by how they look after themselves, clean workspaces and all mechanics being properly prepared to work on customers cars shows respect and pride in their work. If I see a garage with flattened cardboard boxes as spill control, workers getting into cars with filthy oily overalls and not using seat covers or gloves I go elsewhere.

A one-man band can give the best service as they cannot afford the consequences of poor work and bad reputation.

I'd expect that at aboutt 200 could come off that price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm assuming Sawbridgeworth area is too far for you but whoever you use make sure they fit a genuine VW water pump.

Gra
    2017 Sharan SEL 2.0 TDI-CR, SCR 184 6spd DSG, Atlantic Blue, Palladium Grey Alcantara, Xenon headlights, electric rear doors, rear camera, folding mirrors, Dynaudio sound.