Thread: HELP Needed! 2012 intermittent Limp mode

Post Thanks / Like

HELP Needed! 2012 intermittent Limp mode

HELP WANTED....I have a 2012 Crafter BlueMotion that is now continually going into Limp mode after first few miles. I've had it to the garage and there reader say low boost and sometimes absolute boost. I've also had the vacum pipes pressure tested and all are ok..... This fault can be intermittent.

Any one had similar problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like your VNT is clogged up, and the fins are stuck in the closed position which gives low boost, there are some simple fixes using Mr Muscle, but this is only a temporary fix, ideally you need to strip the turbo down, remove the VNT and give it a good clean to ensure everything is moving as it should.

Alternatively you could buy a new VNT, but note, they differ from 2.5TDi to 2.0TDi, mine below is for the 2.0TDi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30988017528_e1eee9f5ff.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	6263

I purchased a new VNT for mine to to over boost fault code, but luckily a good long run cleared things out.
    2011 Crafter 2.0 TDI-CR, CKTC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknell View Post
    HELP WANTED....I have a 2012 Crafter BlueMotion that is now continually going into Limp mode after first few miles. I've had it to the garage and there reader say low boost and sometimes absolute boost. I've also had the vacum pipes pressure tested and all are ok..... This fault can be intermittent.

Any one had similar problem
    Which codes are in ECU?

I asking because we had in 2017 a intermittent LIMP problem on Crafter 2.0 TDI. The VW original service 1. changed the Railpressurevalve and (no solution) 2. after this he said we must buy a new turbo...
    The solution was the Injektor 1 or 4 im not sure.
    1st. 2012 Crafter 2.0 TDI-CR, CKTC - 2EH1H5 - 500tkm - Belt - Additional Air-conditioning system
    2. Passat 3C 2.0 TDI, 3. Renault Master2, 4.Opel Movano B, 5. Fiat Ducato x250, 6. Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI, 7. Skoda Roomster

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post, you don't say which engine type/size is fitted.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.