Thread: Vw emissions 2010 polo 1.6 tdi sel

Post Thanks / Like

Vw emissions 2010 polo 1.6 tdi sel

Car was recalled in November 2017.... update done in December 2017..... then in January 2018 turbo blew.... March 2018 dpf blew.... car kept going into high revs..... 4 weeks ago car went into limp mode... oil light came on... according to vws highly trained mechanics there was no faults showing on car apart from a worn wire in the door which I was assured was the cause of my car going into limp mode... that was 4 weeks ago a cost of 300 was the charge.... they done the work on the wire.. I got a phone call a few days ago saying that was not the problem... its now a oil pump thats a cost of 1200... to top it all off I got a phone call a couple of days ago now saying the turbo is broke again... absolutely sick of it.... since the update was done the car has had about 6500-7000 spent on it..., vw are trying always to get out of this its a absolute joke

Post Thanks / Like
    And the joke is on you the British customer.
    2013 Passat B7 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Does your car not qualify for the "Trust building measure"?
    https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/le...s-recall-work/
    My car: 2003 Polo 1.4 BBY, Petrol
    Good Lady's: 2005 Mk1 Skoda Fabia 1.2, AZQ

Post Thanks / Like
    I still cant believe that some vw owners are so gullible regarding the so called emissions fix when as crasher says nothing wrong with cars so leave them alone, all I can say to these owners tough serves you right
    2013 Passat Estate BlueMotion Sport 2.0 TDI 170PS, DSG, Engine Code: CFGB, Urano Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is the media feeding frenzy scum, they latched onto it like leeches and sucked it dry until everyone was in spin and then walked away to the next “big story”. I do question concept that a world without a free press would be a totally bad thing.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by exsaabman View Post
    I still cant believe that some vw owners are so gullible regarding the so called emissions fix when as crasher says nothing wrong with cars so leave them alone, all I can say to these owners tough serves you right
    Well there is something wrong, they produce way more NOx, but if you go for fix it will have even more and worse problems.
    Cars without fix not far off cars with EGR delete.
    My Golf has fix done (by last owner) as it has 120k miles waiting for EGR cooler to fail so I can ''Change'' it through OBD2 port...
    And it needs a remap to make car move again as emission fix makes it very lagy.
    2007 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-PD, BMR, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Part & parcel of modern day cars and the so called fix.

Choose a gud un and an older high milage diesel car and you won't have to do a clutch , egr , turbo , oil pump and dpf , etc.

And such is those years of ownership experience , a complete joy and a pleasure .

The trouble is I'm soon to sell this non money pit .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    waiting for EGR cooler to fail so I can ''Change'' it through OBD2 port...
    Naughty, even when being obtuse, you know the rules... Post 1 point 2 Banned subjects
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Crasher I think we all need to get naughty nowadays. It was VW that sold us fake data. It was VW that sold us cars designed for land fill. It was VW that lied to us when our clutches destroyed our gearboxes.
    2013 Passat B7 2.0 TDI-CR