Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Hold issue!

Post Thanks / Like

Auto Hold issue!

Hi all,
    looking for some advise and help please.
    My SV has been having a problem with the auto hold for some time now, this is an intermittent problem so may only happen every other week or so, sometimes not for a few months.

When at a junction or roundabout for example, the foot brake is applied and the auto hold comes on, green light on in dashboard. When it comes to moving off the auto hold will not release when the clutch starts to bite and the car feels like it is being dragged as the brakes are still on. If you depress the clutch again and release to the biting point the car will then move on happily as normal.

The car car has been into the main dealer for this issue a couple of times and I even reported the problem at the service/ mot back in the summer. The car did get a software update last year relating to this, but to date have never had any progress in getting this problem sorted.

No error or fault codes have been spotted, any advise or help in pinning down a likely cause would be very much appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen an occasional reference to this problem but not seen a diagnosis or experienced it myself.

But as it's a common feature on all Golf Mk 7s, you may find it useful to also ask the question in the Golf Mk7 forum?

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Golf 4 GT TDI 3 Door from 11/1998 to 3/2006.
    Polo 4 Twist 1.2 3 Door from 12/2003 to 4/2009.
    Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI from 3/2006 to 12/2011.
    Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG from 12/2011 to 2/2015.

3. Thanks Bill Jones thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply and advise Chris.
    2015 Golf SV 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the DSG and it has happened quite a few times over our 4 years of ownership (1.4Tsi SE).
    It crops up as a Golf issue if you 'google it' but no real info on what causes it. Mainly happens when
    we move off from stationary. We always switch off the Stop/Start feature but the issue is not related to this in our experience. Seem to remember when I researched it on-line
    someone one had a software update but it did not fix the problem. Looks like VW
    know of the problem but have not a fix for it to date.

Dealer denies there is a problem (computer say's no); they say it is not a 'known issue' and have
    not offered a software update as they say there is not one available for our car.
    If you do something like partially open a door (say to get at a car park exit m/c)
    it will refuse to let you go until the door is fully closed which seems logical.
    Dealer is not helpful at all if 'computer say's no' and applied to Skoda too in our past experience.
    Last edited by kibby; 10-10-18 at 19:56.
    2014 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, 7A DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks Kibby, on one visit I had after the technician had the car for the day he implied it miybe down to my driving style. Was not overly impressed as been driving for probably longer than he had been alive, 😳😂😂😂

Its due in for another check tomorrow so will be interested to see what they say this time.

Most the time this auto hold issue happens Im ok with it, but on Monday I felt it put me into a dangerous situation as I could not pull away smoothly at a crossroad. Any thanks for your input. 👍

Post Thanks / Like
    If there isn't a fix perhaps it accounts for being stone walled by dealer!
    Keep us informed on how you get on and the software 'number' if you get one done.
    Also any info on what it is supposed to fix. We have had a few instances when the cars behind
    get frustrated when you can't or don't move with a bit of horn action/flashing lights and annoyed glances!!
    Yes, If you can blame the driver!
    Only other issue we had was the Tyre Pressure Monitor gives false warnings
    (3 times so far) and did not give any warning when we had a punture but as it works on the ABS system maybe understandable (not very accurate).
    Not had much success contacting VW UK Customer Care as you tend to get referred back to the dealer but could be worth a call.
    I think they have a system that hits the dealer in the back pocket if they get too many problems referred to them.
    Last edited by kibby; 10-10-18 at 21:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    It had the software update around June 2017, but will ask for details to pass on here if that is a help to you and others.

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with VW Customer Care is that they are not allowed to do anything without permission from VW Germany. So when I reported my problems with the dimming instrument panel lights they could only pass the problem up the chain to Germany and wait for enough other owners across Europe to push for a solution. Then they got swamped by the diesel emissions saga and now the new fuel consumption testing regime, so everything else has been pushed down the 'To-Do' list!

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Golf 4 GT TDI 3 Door from 11/1998 to 3/2006.
    Polo 4 Twist 1.2 3 Door from 12/2003 to 4/2009.
    Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI from 3/2006 to 12/2011.
    Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG from 12/2011 to 2/2015.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an update.. I have searched a few VW forums to see if there is anything
    new on the subject. It is not an unknown issue but nothing comes up which
    adds to what is posted here, certainly no fixes or solutions with users living
    with the problem. Could still be a safety issue in certain circumstances which is a worry.
    Seems to me that VW recognise there is a problem or else why issue
    a software update?
    Last edited by kibby; 13-10-18 at 10:53.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday the main dealer made an alteration to the clutch pedal/auto hold sensor so will see how that goes.
    The software update back in June 2017 was 46G7 which is the auto hold.
    2015 Golf SV 1.6 TDI-CR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast