Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken 2011 Golf GT 2.0 TDI - please help

Post Thanks / Like

Broken 2011 Golf GT 2.0 TDI - please help

Hi,
    Would appreciate as much help as I can here.

I have the following which I purchased in April 2016:
    2011 Golf GT Mk6 6 2.0 TDI 140PS

I have had nothing but problems since I picked the car up.

1) The day after i collected, the EGR valve failed and put the car into limp mode. Dealer (which i won't name but is a registered UK Volkswagen dealer) replaced and repaired under warranty.

2) The car needed the diesel emissions fix

3) Air con started to fail (expansion valve whistling); basically no air con in the system. Dealer re-gassed after a £110 diag fee.

4) 6 months later, air con failed again. Dealer re-gassed and sent me on my way.

5) 6 months later, air con failed again. Dealer pressure tested, leak tested and UV dye...all fine. Re-gassed. I expect to take it back within 6 months with same problem. Service guys have agreed there is a leak or problem but cant fix it. Also, every time the air con fails, there is an oily residue occurring low down on the windscreen passenger side. Am I breathing this leaking air con gas in slowly over time??

6) At same time as recent air con failure, engine management light on. Throttle valve failed (advisory under the diesel emissions protocol) to clean and replace?

To give you an idea of the gas lost in the air con. It is filled with approx 550g and when it starts to fail it is vacuuming out only around 195g (4-6 months occurs over).

Luckily all of the above is covered under my extended warranty I took out. Unfortunately I can't claim against VW for the emissions because it was purchased after 1st January 2016 (they assume owners knew about the diesel gate after this date) however i actually didn't. Surely if i would have known about it, and my newly collected car failed its EGR the day after collection, I would have returned the car on the 30 day VW policy in forecast of future dieselgate issues with the car?

So basically I have had a car with nothing but problems and this has all happened within 10,000 miles on this diesel. The dealership do not know what the problem is with the air con and I suspect I will be forever visiting the dealership due to the problems occurred from this diesel fix.

Can anyone shed some light onto the car, especially the air con problem.

I have written a formal letter to head office and also contacted Defra in concern to the leaking air con.

I am formally asking VW to take the car back because it is riddled with problems.

It is really stressing me, and I have ill health at the moment anyway.

Look forward to your help here....many thanks for reading this fellow Volkswageners!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris34 View Post
    Hi,
    Would appreciate as much help as I can here.

2) The car needed the diesel emissions fix
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

The VW emissions fix isn't compulsory in the UK, you should have refused as they can't put it back to original if there are any problems, poor performance, reduced fuel con, which you can Google.

I refused to have mine done. These Mk6 Golfs do have a bad reputation for AC compressor failure.

Post moved to correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Much appreciated thankyou.

The compressor is working fine, it just seems there is a leak someone and the service guys openly admit that. They just canít find the fault. What I donít want is another team of VW service guys to pull the car apart to try and find the leak because Iím asking for trouble if more parts are taken off and put back, and quite often not properly in my experience.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris34 View Post
    Much appreciated thankyou.

They just can’t find the fault. What I don’t want is another team of VW service guys to pull the car apart to try and find the leak
    As you say when they re-gas AC systems they add a dye so leaks are easier to find. Have you inspected all the AC system for leaking dye (under bonnet and inside the car? If there is a fault on the AC system. You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    EGR or its cooler failure is common on any modern diesel car, so nothing special and not a big deal.
    Your real problem is dealer not being able to fix aircon (as usually dealers cant fix anything) and by that you are constantly polluting environment with harmful gasses.
    2007 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-PD, BMR, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Keithuk,

Thanks again.
    The service guys have inspected the car fully on several occasions. They have used UV dye and fully inspected under the bonnet.

I could personally take it apart, but I am not trained and the vehicle a/c is still under the extended warranty because it failed when under the extended 24month used warranty, so I donít want to jeopardise that.

They have also scanned the system for codes. The only recent one flagged up was the engine management which they have now fixed the faulty throttle valve. (Itís some sort of vehicle information protocol that they followed for it?)

Really donít know what to do if the dealership has said they canít fix it and have also suggested the next few loca dealerships wonít be able to fix it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Renars,

The day after I purchased the car, the warranty bill for the EGR repair was £1000 if that means anything to you, or that makes you aware what may have broken?

And I know. Iím basically constantly polluting the environment or even my own health with 550g of a/c gas every 4-6 months. Surely the oily residue on the inside windscreen has something to do with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    OEM EGR valves are in short supply as Crasher will tell you, I assume the dealer fitted an OEM part?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith.

Yes itís an original OEM. It comes from a company called Trust Parts Services who stock all the original oem stuff.

What are your suggestions in general, you seem quite clued up on the subject. What should I do next?

Post Thanks / Like
    Your paying for extended warranty keep taking it back until its fixed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast