Thread: Collecting Tiguan Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Collecting Tiguan Today!

After a false start with the collection date last week, I'm collecting the 2016 (registered 01/03/16 so would this still be a 2015 model? Model description says EU6 Engine) at lunchtime.

Had a VW Towbar fitted and after reading on various Forums about fridge/leisure battery pins not being connected on the VW fitting kits, I was a little concerned. It seems that VW have changed the UK Kit specification after a fair few complaints to VW Consumer Services, and, according to the towbar fitter, the Westphalia kit now includes what was originally a separate 3 piece wiring extension (around 2012-13 according to the Forum posts) that now enables the fridge and battery but also includes the modules/changes that detect the trailer presence and alter the settings on ABS, EBF, ESP and n number of other on-board systems. Not sure whether the changes also include the monitoring of the caravan and car for blown side/stop/indicator bulbs but I shall find out at lunchtime from the Westphalia book that is sitting in the glovebox, according to the towbar fitter!

I've posted this mainly as an update to the information posted on Forums - when I was searching over the weekend, it seemed to be the changeover period - people who complained to VW Consumer Services were getting the fridge and leisure battery pins connected, people who complained to the Dealer were being fobbed off initially and then had to keep pushing for the extra connections etc. Hope this helps Tiguan purchasers needing towbars in the future.

Steve
    2016 Tiguan Match Edition BlueMotion 2.0 TDI-CR CUVC. Night Blue Metallic
    Original Delivery Date: 29th Feb 2016
    Purchase Date: 29th October 2018

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2015-07/2018, Model: Tiguan, Engine Code: CUVC, 110Kw, 150PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2011-07/2018, Model: Tiguan, Transmission Code: NFZ, Transmission Type: 6S, Remarks: 0BB Gearbox (front-wheel drive)

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the Data Sticker that should show the Date of Production with a VIN decoder. Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

Mine says Date of Production: 12.01.2010 I picked mine up 27/01/2010.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Likes marchie1053 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Look at the Data Sticker that should show the Date of Production with a VIN decoder. Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

Mine says Date of Production: 12.01.2010 I picked mine up 27/01/2010.
    Thanks, Keith.

I plan to spend tomorrow in the daylight checking information etc and changing menu settings (Odometer shows miles covered, speedo digital readout reports kph). Already made my first howler - realised I'd parked miles away from kerb, so jumped back in to get within a sensible distance from the kerb. Kept getting 'Release Parking Brake' message on screen but I couldn't get it to release so couldn't move the car. Phoned the garage - 'Put your seat belt on, Mr March, and the Parking Brake will release ...'. I only wanted to move it 6 feet! .

After getting the basics set up, I hope to get over to the caravan storage and test the towbar wiring to confirm that fridge and leisure battery are powered up (difficult with a Folding Caravan ... ) and that ESP/ABS/EBF and the other safety systems are detecting the caravan presence - better to do this static, rather than waiting for the first steep descent! Lots of reading of Manuals to do now technology has moved on a wee bit in the 5 years since my last change of car!

Steve

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2015-07/2018, Model: Tiguan, Engine Code: CUVC, 110Kw, 150PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2011-07/2018, Model: Tiguan, Transmission Code: NFZ, Transmission Type: 6S, Remarks: 0BB Gearbox (front-wheel drive)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith,

I emptied the boot area (and hoovered out a large number of white crystals didn't want to speculate what they could be!). The Data Label had been pretty much trashed by the previous stowing of the spare tyre so I'm not sure how much use the label will be.I uncurled and restuck as much as possible. I can't see any date of build or delivery or indeed any trim details.The latter would be very useful because I cannot see on the main Menu under 'Lights & Vision' an option to select Driving Abroad or similar.The only options are for footwell lighting,and lights arriving at, and lights leaving home.

Any thoughts on how I can go about finding what the car should have and build date etc so that I'll know what to quote when ordering parts or seeking assistance.

Cheers.

Steve

P.S. I cannot load any photos at present. I'll post this message and try to get the photos problem resolved a wee bit later. Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181030_135700 [Desktop Resolution].jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	6337

The trashed Data Label referred to in my earlier post. Any help in identifying what I've bought would be appreciated! I'm interested in the trim details because the Menu Options on the Steering Wheel are largely greyed out. Iwouldlike to be able to use the 'Alter Lights for Driving Abroad' from the Lights & Vision submenu.

TIA.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

As taken from my new VAG Engine & Transmission Codes
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

8. Thanks marchie1053 thanked for this post
    Likes marchie1053 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As taken from my new VAG Engine & Transmission Codes
    Thanks very much, again, Keith for the information. I'll try to make this my last question! Do you know if the Headlamp adjustment for European Driving in the 'Lights & Vision' Menu is greyed out because of the spec on the Match Trim, or whether it's because the lights are right for UK driving i.e. when I land in Dieppe and begin driving on the 'wrong' side of the road, the 'Change Lights' option springs into life? I suspect it's probably the spec limitations but I live in hope!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure about the headlamps, halogen headlamps have electric motors. Which menu is that in the radio or MFD, which radio model is fitted?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure about the headlamps, halogen headlamps have electric motors. Which menu is that in the radio or MFD, which radio model is fitted?
    Hi Keith,

I cannot see a Radio Model Name mentioned in either the instructions or on the Radio itself. The Manual merely refers to Infotainment system,navigation system Edition 11.2015, Composition Media, Discover Media (PQ).

I don't think the headlamps are Xenon; the Menu for the Lights & Vision settings is on the Multi Function Steering Wheel RH Button. This breaks down the various components into Comfort, Safety, Security etc and then you click onto sub menus. At Lights & Vision, for example,the sub menu lists Footwell lighting settings, Lights on at Home, Lights Off Leaving Home etc but nothing showing for Driving Abroad.

The Owner's Manual Version 11.2015 (the 385 Page version!) merely says on Page 38 to contact your VW Dealership if travelling abroad and they'll tell you whether you need to mask lights or make any other changes. Wonderfully vague!

Steve

P.S. Update: The Salesman who sold me the car phoned me to see how I was getting on with the Tiguan a short while after I had posted the above message. With me sat in the driving seat and the Salesman scouring VW sources online, he concluded that mine was the last of the changeover vehicles and the Tiguan has no menu driven capability to switch the lights for continental driving; and that, sadly, there is no retro-fit option to have the headlamps changed or upgraded. Looks like I shall need to adopt the practice with my previous car; take the Tiguan to the local French garage and ask them to set the headlamps up for French conditions, then drive to our French hovel round the corner and take 3 or 4 pictures for each side with a tape measure located at repeatable locations (e.g. edge of bonnet fold). Then I know that I can place dabs of BluTak at these measurements e.g. 7.6cms up from bumper, and when I have the 4 points 'tak'd', pop the headlamp mask in the middle and stick it down! A real PITA but I can't see an alternative solution.

Steve
    Last edited by marchie1053; 31-10-18 at 18:16. Reason: FurtherInformation