Thread: 2001 Polo Cylinder misfire

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 2001 Polo Cylinder misfire

Hello everyone! I'm here hoping that someone will give me some tips for the problem I have.

The ''check engine'' light came on and after reading the trouble code with one of the OBD 2 readers which you can find cheap on the internet, looks like I have ''cylinder 1 misfire P0301''
    I changed the spark plugs, I switched the coil leads 1 with 2 and clearing the code but again showing up as cylinder 1 misfire. The new spark plug, which I took it out after a couple of weeks from changing (Beru, new one) was looking like in the picture attached.
    What else can I check/change, and what do you guys think, if you heard about the problem before, I can do?

Thank you very much, everything is much appreciated!

Car is Polo 2001 6N2 1.0L PETROL
    (second spark plug is the first one, the first one is actually the second spark plug)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44961449_177152236522426_4883850382213644288_n.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	6331  

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

VAG Error Code: 16685/15125/10591/4054/000769
    EOBD II Error Code: P0301

Fault Location:
    Cylinder 1 - Misfire Detected

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Lack/loss of power.
    Hard start.
    Engine hesitation.

Wiring/Connector(s).
    Ignition system.
    Fuel injectors.
    Fuel pressure.
    Running out of fuel.
    EVAP canister purge valve.
    Evaporative emission system.
    Low compression.
    Base engine problems.
    Engine Control Module (ECM) damaged.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Do a compression test.
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 15 if misfire changes location.

Special Notes:
    This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.

Tech Notes:
    The P0301 code means that the cylinder 1 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks an if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 1. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

Description:
    When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Engine Speed (RPM) Sensor [G28]/Crankshaft Position Sensor [G28] signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software

Post moved to correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.