Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help on injector fault

Post Thanks / Like

Help on injector fault

Hi guys I'm new on this forum so Hi to everyone.

iv had my 2012 Jetta 1.6 TDi bluemotion for about 2 weeks now.
    It has 140k on clock backed by FSH.
    Ever since I got it I realised on low RPM ( under 2000 rpm ).
    The engine makes a cracking / pinking noise.
    so I took it to a local garage a well know mechanic he is good iv used him loads of times.
    He told me the injectors need programming so i booked in the car and gave it to him yesterday morning.
    when I picked it up in the evening he told me 2 injectors are nackered.
    Now the car is juddering Missing Shaking very bad & throwing blue smoke from the exhaust.
    Its smelling of oil as well
    Basically it's 100 times worse then it was.
    could anyone help as in why has all this happened where as apart from the pinking / crackling noise it drove well no smoke no loss of power no Miss fire etc ...??

Thank you
    Last edited by R32crew; 04-11-18 at 08:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    The injectors on the CAYC engine are a joke, nearly as unreliable as the EGR cooler. I strongly advise you to only buy these genuine from a VAG dealer or TPS depot (part number 03L 130 277 S at 509.50 EACH!) or from VDO, that is when they can be obtained. Please avoid exchange remanufactured units, they are highly unreliable.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    what I find strange is the car was fine when it went into the garage apart from the crackling noise.
    I gave it in to get the noise sorted but it came back out with more issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Cars can go faulty or even more faulty when they are with a garage just as they can with you, just because a garage has the car does not mean the fault is not going to progress OR even new faults occur, in fact testing systems can actually promote the failure of a part, it’s life....
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R32crew View Post
    Hi guys I'm new on this forum so Hi to everyone.
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that cars can go faulty anytime I been driving 20yrs lol
    I was curious because it went in with one fault and came out 10x worse
    I spoke to the previous owner he never changed or had issues with the injectors so he said why would the injectors need re programming if they havnt been changed ??? Which does make sense
    2012 Jetta BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R32crew View Post
    I understand that cars can go faulty anytime I been driving 20yrs lol
    I was curious because it went in with one fault and came out 10x worse
    I spoke to the previous owner he never changed or had issues with the injectors so he said why would the injectors need re programming if they havnt been changed ??? Which does make sense
    Crackling noise is common for cars with emissions fix done when injectors are giving in already.
    My CAYC is also kinda rough when cold started, wants to run unevenly, but going to fix it when it will be broken.
    I dont exactly understand whats there to reprogram for injectors, if you swap them new codes have to be written.
    2007 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-PD, BMR, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    Crackling noise is common for cars with emissions fix done when injectors are giving in already.
    My CAYC is also kinda rough when cold started, wants to run unevenly, but going to fix it when it will be broken.
    I dont exactly understand whats there to reprogram for injectors, if you swap them new codes have to be written.
    I had it on two different vag's today it's injector 2 that's hardly throwing in any fuel
    iv orderder the injector hopefully this solves the issue

Post Thanks / Like
    The injector coding can be checked, it is printed on its top and the value can be seen in the set up screen.

Vile Invention

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast