Thread: Hatch Central locking problem 2003 Golf mk 4 1.9 Tdi pd100

Post Thanks / Like

Hatch Central locking problem 2003 Golf mk 4 1.9 Tdi pd100

Hi

I have a problem with my Hatch/Boot not locking with the central locking , on my 2003 Golf mk 4 1.9 Tdi pd100 , checked it out and found a broken wire in the loom end of the gater , soldered it back on , then tried the central locking still not working , rechecked the continuity of the cable from gater to actuator and it was ok , both of the wires checked out ok , now it goes into the body work so I am not sure if there is another break just past the gater into the body but I can't get at any other wire , so what I am wanting to do is find out were the cable goes to a point were I do a continuity test back to the actuator ! .
    cheers

spike
    2003 Golf 1.9 TDI-PD 100PS, ATD

Post Thanks / Like
    Start with a fault code read of the convenience system, check the boot open warning comes on in the instruments.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Start with a fault code read of the convenience system, check the boot open warning comes on in the instruments.
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply , I don't have a code reader , and there is no hatch warning in the Instrument cluster .
    The boot light comes on ! .

The central locking is working apart from no current going to hatch lid solenoid , I just wanted to know were there is access to the 2 wires further to the front of the car ! .
    I don't have a wiring diagram , looks all over the web but no luck as yet .

cheers

spike

Post Thanks / Like
    I can get you the diagram at work tomorrow, message me you email and cars REG number. If you have checked the wires in the left side conduit rubber tube and none are broken, I would be very surprised if there was a wiring fault. Sometimes the central convenience units fail and the only way to check this is with a diagnostic system which has an output tests facility. I think you should have a boot open warning light but I will check.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Thanks for that .
    BNZ9453
    ourlibrary2011@gmail.com
    Golf MK4 2003 , 1.9Tdi , PD100 .

cheers

spike