Thread: Bye bye Astra! hello GTE

Post Thanks / Like

Bye bye Astra! hello GTE

Hey! I've kept my Vauxhall Astra since I first got it (first car, believe it or not. Only crashed once! ) I've been holding off getting a new car for the last few years - insurance is ridiculous on anything worth more than a new iPhone until you're in your 20s, and a slightly better car will cost more and not really be worth it when this car works fine. But now it's time - I've been eyeing new Golfs for a loooong time, and starting to settle on a GTE. I was wondering if I'd be paying any income tax (I'm currently on 20%, see this) on selling the Astra off? It's not worth much but it's a good sudden chunk of money to come in at once. Is it something to be concerned about or not? Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    You won't pay tax on the money received when you sell your Astra, the money you used to buy the Astra has already been taxed!
    2013 Touran 2.0 TDI (CFHC - D91) SE DSG (PBF -G1A) Acapulco Blue Metallic, Retro Fit Front Fog lights, Westfalia Detachable Towbar
    2015 Skoda Fabia (Mk3) 1.2 TSI(110) SE DSG Silver. ( I was previously posting as thamestrader)

3. Likes Renars liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Touranasaurus View Post
    You won't pay tax on the money received when you sell your Astra, the money you used to buy the Astra has already been taxed!
    It wouldn't stop a Conservative government from trying if they thought they'd get away with it!
    2006 Passat SE Estate 1.9 TDI-PD BXE