Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crafter 2.0 TDI hot start - start & cut off

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by damug View Post
    So, all the fixes aren't the right.
    The timings are new, the injectors ok, the wiring are checked and ok, temperature sensor changed, crank sensor and camshaft sensor changed...

After ending the service today i driven the car for checking, after stop there was again the cut off.
    Made some Logging. I canīt understand how the crank can show up 950 rounds and the cam only 380...and ... and after cut off the camshaft continues to run

Attachment 6385
    I tested various combinations in various logs, temperature, pressure, without finding a value which is always the same or out of range in the cut off moment.
    Canīt upload the file the log has a .csv ending.
    Hi, I'm not a mechanic, but are you sure that the timing is right, I think a guy on here bought a timing kit from a well known auction site that was faulty. I bought a 2016 Crafter earlier this year that had the timing belt kit replaced at time of purchase, there was an initial fault code relating to the auxilliary water pump but this was cleared and the van was fine for 10K miles but then I had the hot starting problem. The first garage (part of the group that I bought the van from) I took it to diagnosed a timing issue but claimed not to have the tools to repair it. I then took it to one of their bigger centres that said the camshaft sensor was the issue and replaced it. The van has been ok since. Good luck !
    2016 Crafter 2.0 TDI-CR
    Wife: 2012 Touareg V6 3.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello CaptainF, yes I'm sure. The timings are good.

The last weak we changed the g40. After that the car was not start at all. I found a lot of bad wiring for G40, EGR, Throttle valve and Pressuresensor.
    So we yesterday changed the motor main wiring.

Fault now came up from lower temperature 30C. The Log of cranking rpm now goes straight up like on the passat.
    But it still sometimes cuts off.

In made a new Log whit EGR and Throttle. The Throttlevalve at miss start goes down but it should be open...
    Iīm not sure if this is a reaction to the P0016 but if itīs reaction why only the live line goes down but not the Log-Line of required value?

Here the new Log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AssBuhZd84TuhYhbRmivzA1gunchsQ
    1st. 2012 Crafter 2.0 TDI-CR, CKTC - 2EH1H5 - 500tkm - Belt - Additional Air-conditioning system
    2. Passat 3C 2.0 TDI, 3. Renault Master2, 4.Opel Movano B, 5. Fiat Ducato x250, 6. Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI, 7. Skoda Roomster

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I'm not a mechanic, you might have to pose the question to one of the experts on here. My Crafter hot starting issue was resolved after replacing the camshaft sensor. Good luck !
    2016 Crafter 2.0 TDI-CR

4. Thanks damug thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CaptainF, thank you for your solution. Donīt know how I can post this to expert and who do you mean?
    1st. 2012 Crafter 2.0 TDI-CR, CKTC - 2EH1H5 - 500tkm - Belt - Additional Air-conditioning system
    2. Passat 3C 2.0 TDI, 3. Renault Master2, 4.Opel Movano B, 5. Fiat Ducato x250, 6. Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI, 7. Skoda Roomster

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by damug View Post
    Hi CaptainF, thank you for your solution. Donīt know how I can post this to expert and who do you mean?
    Anyone on this forum with the knowledge will most likely reply if they can help
    2016 Crafter 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting now for oscilloscope.

I'm thinking about problems with the MCU.

The 1st possibility is:
    Cold always stars up prompt.. i mean there is a table in EDC17 MCU where is a different amount of fuel at cold and hot start. But downīt know from witch sensor the mcu takes data for temp.
    Tried to check this possibility but its not enough just plug off the G12.

2nd possibility:
    Isnīt there a table which starting the car few minus after shutting down like the data from last stop?
    Tried to check this possibility getting of the mass cable from batty after shutting off the car, 2 times worked 3th time not.

Merry Christmas @ all

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot this until today a message.
    Here is the solution:

The timings was set whit cam and crank tools but it was a wrong cam/crankshaft assignment.
    The fix was go out whit the cam 3 degrees forward.
    But I never understood why the tools couldn't set it right.

After this the engine worked fine for 50,000 km.
    It died in August after the crankshaft wound up a thread of the V-belt. This allowed the crankshaft to rotate freely ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12