Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Touran 1.6 TDI Injector Problem

Post Thanks / Like
    The CAYC injector for a 2012 Touran 03L 130 277 SX is now £466.42 inc VAT genuine exchange. I have changed more faulty recon injectors lately than I have faulty original ones, the recons are so bad ECP have dropped selling them.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

2. Thanks Iainser7825 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goodness that's seriously pricey...
    Is that the part number for them ...03L 130 277 SX
    So basically I'm looking at around £900 Inc parts and labour?
    2004 Passat Estate Highline 1.9 TDI-PD
    2012 Touran 1.6 TDI Bluemotion SE Tech
    1980 Golf Cabriolet

Post Thanks / Like
    Me thinks it's time for it to go up the road....��
    1980 Golf Cabriolet

Post Thanks / Like
    When electric cars like the Golf E get to a decade old and people get a quote for a new drive motor currently £4400 (sorry) a new battery pack at £12600 (yes twelve thousand six hundred) £1200 for a new charging control unit or a motor control unit at £3K, all plus fitting with one hour power down and one hour power up procedures, these cars won’t go up the road, they will be scrapped and at probably less than a decade old which is insane and NOT zero emissions or environmentaly freindly, the motoring world is going down a crazy path and the car manufacturers love it. To work on these lethal things you will HAVE to be licensed so the main dealer will get all the work and people will have to change the car every three years to keep under full battery warranty and at seven it will be worthless and unsalable. Of course a large number will slip through the net and into the bodgit and scarper market and there will always be a demand in this area from people looking to find a “bargain” and always the unscrupulous willing to oblige and this will lead to people dying in appalling circumstances, a big Lithium Ion battery makes a big fire and pouring water on it is not advisable!

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/26/1...e-florida-ntsb

It is about time those now obsessed with spending less on car fuel bills (just like Diesel the real reason for the enthusiasm in most supporters if they are honest with themselves) the rest of us with any sense need to rail against this insanity as I have done for 30 years since I started suffering from asthma due to working on fuel of the Devil cars.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    My enthusiasm with diesel is 100 % because its cheaper as I save on fuel and not a penny more on repairs and maintenance.
    Also these less then 200 hp diesel engine drive better than competition petrols in most cases, as petrols these days are downsized noisy at any load piece of junks.
    Also most diesels can be reasonably kept on road till 200 000 to 250 000 miles, but modern petrols wont last that without complete rebuilds.
    2007 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-PD, BMR, DSG

7. Likes Iainser7825 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with Renars I'm 100% with diesel also as my budget dictates me towards saving as much as possible on fuel and running costs compared to petrol.
    I sympathise too with Crasher having Athsma as do I, probably due to many factors but probably mostly because I worked in a large vehicle Bodyshop for over 25 years until I decided to get out.
    As for Electric Vehicles, I'll worry about that when the S**t finally hits the fan and we have no other options available.

Just an update on my original post about my Injector problem.... I will post a more detailed reply about my repairs when the problem occurs again (as I've decided to hold on to it for now as its driving ok atm).

I now have a contact who will sort this for me when the time comes...... 8-(
    1980 Golf Cabriolet

Post Thanks / Like
    And that is THE issue, those pushing electric cars in the miss held belief that they will some how save the planet know full well they will have a receptive audience, not from those who believe man made CO2 is a problem but those who see an opportunity to reduce their pence per mile costs, I have yet to find anyone who will honestly say to me they bought a diesel to save the planet rather than save their wallet. This means it is the old carrot and stick system pushed by a tiny minority of VERY loud voices who badger the authorities until they see a vote/tax angle they can lock into.

Vile Invention

10. Likes Sam&Anne liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12