Thread: Dynaudio Infotainment System - Hi Res Audio

Post Thanks / Like

Dynaudio Infotainment System - Hi Res Audio

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct section? I thought perhaps the Entertainment section but that doesn't appear to be VW specific?

Does anyone know if the Dynaudio system fitted to my VW Golf SV (2015) is Hi Res Audio compatible? It plays FLAC media, which is a start.

The VW website for the Excite Dynaudio system seems to suggest it is by referencing being able to play "High Resolution audio" but makes no other mention.

Many thanks in advance.

Stuart
    2015 Golf SV GT 1.4 TSI (100kW/150ps/147HP - Engine Code: CZDA). 7 Spd DSG. Aztec Gold. Alcantara Upholstery - Titan Black/Quartz. Dijon 17" Alloy Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not that familiar with Dynaudio Infotainment System. What does the radio handbook say?

https://www.volkswagen.com.sg/techno...o-sound-system

Post moved to correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Thanks Chewystu thanked for this post
    Likes Chewystu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    I'm not that familiar with Dynaudio Infotainment System. What does the radio handbook say?

https://www.volkswagen.com.sg/techno...o-sound-system

Post moved to correct section.
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply, and for moving to the correct section!

Excerpt from manual below - as you can see the unit suports WMA, MP3, AAC, Ogg and WAV beyond CD sample rates, but doesn't confirm if it supports 24bit sample depth (24bit/96Khz upwards) in FLAC - the supported specs quoted tend to suggest it does support Hi Res, but I just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure.

I have played a Hi Res track and it sounds better than a standard MP3, but the track would play whether Hi Res was supported or not, just the extra frequencies would not be played.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	6358
    2015 Golf SV GT 1.4 TSI (100kW/150ps/147HP - Engine Code: CZDA). 7 Spd DSG. Aztec Gold. Alcantara Upholstery - Titan Black/Quartz. Dijon 17" Alloy Wheels.