Thread: Airbag light reset?

Post Thanks / Like

Airbag light reset?

After having a nearside door speaker not working, I disconnected the rubber covered door wiring loom to check the speaker wires. Since doing this, the airbag light has come on. I did have the ignition on when I jiggled the multipin connector out. I also removed the door card to try an alternative speaker. I'm guessing that I've either activated the airbag sensor when replacing the door card or the warning light has triggered with the wiring "jiggle"! The left speaker is still not working also, so I suspect a faulty radio. Any helpful suggestions appreciated.
    2012 Polo 1.2, Petrol, 5 door

Post Thanks / Like
    When you do any wiring/connector jobs you have the ignition turned off and disconnect the battery to avoid any shorts or triggering the airbags.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I'll see if I can get that done. Much appreciated. Does mine need the CAN Bus system reader?
    Last edited by dadspolo123; 05-12-18 at 09:44.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes CAN Bus has been used since 2006 as far as I remember. You can soon tell when you do an AutoScan if you just click scan without selecting a model CAN Bus finds the vehicle details from the ecu.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keith. Much appreciated.