Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest 1.5 engine problems reported online

Post Thanks / Like
    Just taken delivery of a SE Nav with dsg and so far no kangaroo effect - current driving better than the 1.4!
    2017 Golf SE SV 1.4 TSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Grateful if you can keep us updated if any problems develop
    as considering purchasing of same model in a few months time.
    Thanks for posting.
    2014 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, 7A DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Just found that one can disable keyless when parking overnight at home!
    2017 Golf SE SV 1.4 TSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Evening all, so I purchased a Golf 1.5 evo 130BHP manual 3 months ago, with around 8000 miles on the clock. Itís suffering from the same issues posted around the forums, kangarooing in 1st gear, with VW telling me a software update due. I could live wirh that, but since then the car has once gone into limp home mode, returning to its normal self once the engine was turned off and back on. Took to local dealer who advised they couldnít find a fault code for this... so I carried on. Yesterday when I started the engine, the car decided to rev itself as soon as it was started, two or three times up to about 2-500 revs. It then idled at around 1700rpm. Again switched engine off and on and there was no problem. Again took it to dealer who performed diagnostics and no fault codes found at all? Has anyone had similar issues? I appreciate itís a new engine but obviously worried this is going to be problematic. VW are taking the car in in a couple weeks for another look over. Any help/replies would be great

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like VW group are drriven by the mantra 'if computer say no there can't be a problem'
    From my experience there definately can be, but then this approach gives the dealers
    an easy win in driving you away. Short sighted as I was once within an inch of avoiding
    the brand even though like the cars when they work. If the 1.5 issue persists will look
    elsewhere come next purchase as not going to buy another can of worms.
    2014 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, 7A DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    At the moment my SV is performing better than my previous 1.4!
    2017 Golf SE SV 1.4 TSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hd1991 View Post
    Evening all, so I purchased a Golf 1.5 evo 130BHP manual 3 months ago, with around 8000 miles on the clock. Itís suffering from the same issues posted around the forums, kangarooing in 1st gear, with VW telling me a software update due. I could live wirh that, but since then the car has once gone into limp home mode, returning to its normal self once the engine was turned off and back on. Took to local dealer who advised they couldnít find a fault code for this... so I carried on. Yesterday when I started the engine, the car decided to rev itself as soon as it was started, two or three times up to about 2-500 revs. It then idled at around 1700rpm. Again switched engine off and on and there was no problem. Again took it to dealer who performed diagnostics and no fault codes found at all? Has anyone had similar issues? I appreciate itís a new engine but obviously worried this is going to be problematic. VW are taking the car in in a couple weeks for another look over. Any help/replies would be great
    I think VW are still offering the ďConnect DataPlugĒ, which you leave in your OBD2 port and use with the accompanying smartphone app. The appís primarily designed to provide you with information such as fuel consumption etc. and I canít remember whether it also records fault codes but itís worth looking into as it might allow you to see whatís going on at the point itís actually happening. The dataplug is/was a freebie from your dealer.
    2018 Arteon Elegance 1.5 TSI Manual in Pyrite Silver with 19" Chennai alloys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12