Thread: judder

Post Thanks / Like

judder

Wifes had hers just over a week, 2018 T-ROC 1.5 TSI EVO SEL, got a judder when cold. (like kangaroo juice) back to MD yesterday for checking, seems there is a software issue and an update is imminent. Anyone else experience this?

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like the issue I'm experiencing in my Arteon with the 1.5 TSI and manual box. It feels like a dead spot between 1,500 and 2,000rpm, after the clutch is fully engaged, and results in a bit of kangarooing when pulling away unless enough extra (and unwanted) revs are applied. It seemed noticeably worse in the cold weather this morning but it happens all the time, even when the engine's warmed up.

The car's with my local VW dealer today and they've just called to tell me about the software update that's in the pipeline. They couldn't give me a timescale for its delivery but I like the sound of "imminent" in your original post!
    2018 Arteon Elegance 1.5 TSI Manual in Pyrite Silver with 19" Chennai alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing nothing came of this from the dealer or whatever software update they did, didn't help?

(or the update is still pending?)

My 1.5 TSI manual R-line TROC has a hint of the same judder in 1st. Either no revs when pulling away or excess revs seems to help, but part of the problem might be I'm still really used to the stiffer clutch on my golf!
    2008 Golf 1.9 TDI-PD

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the MDs last week and had a discussion with the service manager about this and the upshot is that yes, VW know there is a problem with this engines and are going to release a software apdate, this is across all variants that have this engine fitted and there is a whole bunch of them. I was also in my Audi Md booking my Q5 in for service and I broaced it with them seeing as its fitted to A1,A3 ,A4 and Q2, they also are aware of it through complaints and they confirmed a update is imminent, Saying that its been documented since June last year so they do need to be getting it sorted!
    2018 T-ROC 1.5 TSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by readingandy View Post
    I'm guessing nothing came of this from the dealer or whatever software update they did, didn't help?

(or the update is still pending?)
    I haven't heard anything further so I'm assuming that the software update is still pending.

Quote Originally Posted by merlyn View Post
    I was also in my Audi Md booking my Q5 in for service.... and they confirmed a update is imminent, Saying that its been documented since June last year so they do need to be getting it sorted!
    I'm really hoping that it is imminent as it's the only blot on my car's copybook so far. I was going to leave it for the rest of January and then, if there's no further progress, contact VW and tell them I'm expecting them to provide a new clutch at the same time as the software update to compensate for the extra revs and clutch-slipping that're necessary for a smooth pull-away!

Post Thanks / Like
    I chased this up with the dealer yesterday and they're now saying that they're awaiting a technical bulletin from VW rather than a software / firmware update, which suggests that there may be some parts replacements / adjustments needed rather than / in addition to new software. Unfortunately there's still no target date for the release of this bulletin so I guess VW AG are expecting us to simply put up with the issue while they drag their feet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I had the same problem brand new so I have been back to garage now six times I have now got a hire car they say it wants a software fix they don’t know when it’s available I have returned the car to them how do I stand about rejecting the car does any one know

Post Thanks / Like
    merlyn - First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Take it back to a dealer for checking.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.