Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 1.6 FSI Error P2293

Post Thanks / Like

2005 1.6 FSI Error P2293

Good Morning

I have a 2005 Golf 1.6 FSI with error code

This could possibly be due to the CAM follower

I believe, however I am struggling to find the part. My fuel pump is mounted in the same place as the following Video [URL=https://www.youtube.comwatch?v=6DWgbep1Ezk[/URL]

which seems to be different to the majority of other vehicles. Does anyone know if the following will fit? https://www.amazon.co.uk/febi-bilste...s=cam+follower

If not, could anyone point me in the right direction. I also have had the EGR valve

cog lose a few teeth, luckily I have moved it so it does not affect the valve opening/closing

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post.

Why the hell for member post with stupid fonts and colours beats me, a lot of crap removed. Just post pure text on it own.

VAG Error Code: 18725/008851
    EOBD II Error Code: P2293

Fault Location:
    Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276) - Mechanical Malfunction

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Power Loss.

Fuel Pressure too Low.
    Intake Camshaft Failure.

Possible Solutions:
    Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) for Fuel Pressure.
    Check for bent/squeezed Fuel Lines.
    Check Fuel Pressure System for Leaks.
    Check Fuel Filter & Filter in Fuel Pump.
    Check Fuel Quantity supplied by the Fuel Pump (G6).
    Check Pressure Limiting Valve installed on the high pressure fuel rail when applicable.

Special Notes:
    When found in 2.0l TFSI:
    Check Fuel Pressure.
    Rest of World (RoW) check Technical Product Information (TPI) 2014143, the Intake Camshaft might have a worn out Fuel Pump Cam.
    North American Region (NAR) check Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 2015153 (01-09-03 > 15-10-01 > 15-10-02), the Intake Camshaft might have a worn out Fuel Pump Cam.
    North American Region (NAR) check Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 2018183 (20-08-01) and verify the High Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) Part Number see G247 "High Thrust Sensor" - There is a difference! for additional information.

Volkswagen Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P2293

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post.

Why the hell for member post with stupid fonts and colours beats me, a lot of crap removed. Just post pure text on it own.

VAG Error Code: 18725/008851
    EOBD II Error Code: P2293

Fault Location:
    Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276) - Mechanical Malfunction

Possible Cause:
    Power Loss.

Fuel Pressure too Low.
    Intake Camshaft Failure.

Possible Solutions:
    Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) for Fuel Pressure.
    Check for bent/squeezed Fuel Lines.
    Check Fuel Pressure System for Leaks.
    Check Fuel Filter & Filter in Fuel Pump.
    Check Fuel Quantity supplied by the Fuel Pump (G6).
    Check Pressure Limiting Valve installed on the high pressure fuel rail when applicable.

Special Notes:
    When found in 2.0l TFSI:
    Check Fuel Pressure.
    Rest of World (RoW) check Technical Product Information (TPI) 2014143, the Intake Camshaft might have a worn out Fuel Pump Cam.
    North American Region (NAR) check Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 2015153 (01-09-03 > 15-10-01 > 15-10-02), the Intake Camshaft might have a worn out Fuel Pump Cam.
    North American Region (NAR) check Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 2018183 (20-08-01) and verify the High Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) Part Number see G247 "High Thrust Sensor" - There is a difference! for additional information.

Volkswagen Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P2293

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    I do apologies. I do tend to stick around car forums even if I don't own the car in question. As I suspect cam follower. Do you know if the one from Amazon will fit my specific engine? Or do you have a part number?
    Thanks again in advanced

Post Thanks / Like
    Only the 2004 BAG engine had this, from 2005 model year it was a roller tappet. The tappet is down inside a bore under the high pressure fuel pump.

2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

5. Likes delvey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Only the 2004 BAG engine had this, from 2005 model year it was a roller tappet. The tappet is down inside a bore under the high pressure fuel pump.

That is the same engine in my golf. Do you know the part for it? On the YouTube video is the first post he replaces the worn part under that fuel pump

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. The car was registered in march 2005, however it has the fuel pump mounted as your picture, but on your picture I cannot see the EGR valve which is on the right hand side of the engine. The engine in your picture, does it have the follower or tappet

Post Thanks / Like
    So it seems I have the BAG engine, which does have a follower
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BAG

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced the CAM follower this morning. It had been slightly worn but not all the way through. I forgot to add, the error code is P2296, I apologise for making that mistake, and it is still showing when scanning for error codes. The main symptom is the car over revving, which does not occur that often, and a sudden lack of power, with the car almost stalling, before returning to normal
    Last edited by delvey; 12-01-19 at 13:01.
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BAG

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't say your location in your profile!!!

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2004-07/2004, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BAG, 85Kw, 115PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Fuel Stratified Injection (FSI), Bosch Motronic MED 9.5.10 Chain
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 01/2004-07/2005, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BAG, 85Kw, 115PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: South Africa ("ZA."): Fuel Stratified Injection (FSI), Bosch Motronic MED 9.5.10 Chain

VAG Error Code: 18728/008854
    EOBD II Error Code: P2296

Fault Location:
    Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276) - Circuit High/Short Circuit to Positive

Possible Cause:

Wiring/Connector(s) short to positive.
    Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276) defective.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Check/Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276).

Special Notes:
    On some engines, the Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276) may be referred to as the Fuel Metering Valve (N290) in the factory wiring diagram.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Profile also updated
    The N276 valve is in the high pressure fuel pump. Doesn't look like it is available separately as a part, so looks like a new pump is required
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BAG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast