Thread: rear wash leaking again

Post Thanks / Like

rear wash leaking again

the rear wash started leaking again,( I fix it once before), I thought this time I would try and fix it once and for all. I know that you can buy a new pipe kit for it, but why pay vw for pricey parts.i got some of the clear see through soft original washer pipe and some copper brake pipe.i cut out the leaking section inside the off side flexible boot. made up a piece of flexy washer pipe with some copper brake pipe fitted too the ends,( you need too warm up the pipes too be able too fit the brake pipes inside the flexy pipe) then replaced this inside the boot,the flexy pipe now goes right inside the headlining on the car and inside the tailgate,this means that as the tailgate opens and shuts the new flexy pipe is the only bit that moves not the old plastic convoluted bits. fingers crossed this will last a lot longer than the last pipe pipe. the reason for copper brake pipe is if I use steel it would rust and block the jet with loose rust particals. I hope this will be of use too others.
    2010 Golf S 1.6 TDI-CR, CAYC

Post Thanks / Like
    That black plastic convoluted pipe is utter ****!
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

3. Likes billywhizz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes it is, its another of those cost cutting sh**e parts that vw are becoming renowned for!, that said I still love my golf, ive looked at other cars in the last year but cant find anything that works for me at the moment.
    2010 Golf S 1.6 TDI-CR, CAYC