Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all

Very interested in buying and learning about the Golf SV

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the excellent Golf Plus before it there is little doubt it will become unloved by "experts" in press and media.
    I needed a quality car and a Golf is a quality car but with badly treated bones and joints I found the SV version to be a welcome bit taller and a tad wider.
    IMO it is an acquired taste, confirmed by how few there are on the roads and if if I have understood the new prices I would have to say that it is now heading towards expensive.
    I really like mine but I did have to spec it from new with some extras which I felt should have been standard.
    Coming up for four years use I never get tired of driving it and after over 50 years driving ALL types and models of cars this is the best I have had (apologies to my faithful unburstable Accord).
    Likes - Quality. Comfort. Versatility. Astonishing engine and DSG. Attention to detail and clever thinking on a host of issues.
    Dislikes - Headlight dip performance, now using uprated bulbs and raised levels. Strange dash light settings.
    Stop/start abomination which is always disabled. EPB but this is currently fashionable and I am very old and prefer a handbrake lever to a cup holder.
    Overall if you need a tall Golf IMO the SV is excellent.
    Would I buy another one? Yes I believe I would.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own.

Your car spec say 0 so what are you driving at the moment?

We have quite a few Golf SV owners on here.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Keith

Have had a 2012 Audi A3 Sport from 9 months old. It has been a great car but we are both finding it more difficult to get into and out of and that will not improve! Also my wife has always found it not the easiest to reverse. Came across the SV almost by chance in a VW showroom, although the salesman who was showing is the Polo and Golf failed to point it out to us! Also had a look at the Jazz which is far easier to access than the Audi and offers good visibility and was surprisingly spacious. However we did like the SV very much and are keeping our eyes open for a nearly newish one, but a few others still to consider and then carefully weigh things up.