Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf SV PA TSI SE NAV DSG

Post Thanks / Like

Golf SV PA TSI SE NAV DSG

Hi

Looking to buy a recent Golf SV..What does the "PA" stand for?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    A misprint for 1.4??
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Golf 4 GT TDI 3 Door from 11/1998 to 3/2006.
    Polo 4 Twist 1.2 3 Door from 12/2003 to 4/2009.
    Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI from 3/2006 to 12/2011.
    Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG from 12/2011 to 2/2015.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you see the reference to a Golf SV 'PA'? We may be able to help more if we know the context, but at the moment it doesn't seem to mean anything to any of us
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Post Thanks / Like
    The PA seems to be just relating to 2018 models. I saw evidence of this on the official VW used cars site when searching for SVs. Going to see one today at Hadwins VW at Lindale near Grange over Sands. It is on their website under "recently arrived". Thanks
    2018 Golf SV SE Nav 1.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CJJE View Post
    Where did you see the reference to a Golf SV 'PA'? We may be able to help more if we know the context, but at the moment it doesn't seem to mean anything to any of us
    My contact is off until next week and all I am getting is generalised waffle. I will get to the bottom of this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	036.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	6440
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Right... I see one in Crewe as well. Checking my archived price lists, I see that VW called the Jan 2018 issue the 'Golf SV PA pricelist' in the PDF file name (although not in the document itself). I suspect that the 'PA' reference means it is the (slightly) facelifted model that I think came out at the end of 2017, so all 2018 cars should be the facelifted model unless they were held in stock and registered late. The changes are pretty minor and can be seen if you compare pictures of the earlier and current cars, and apart from perhaps some option changes will be seen as slightly different shaped rear lights and front and rear bumpers.

(The one change that DOES annoy me is that now you can only get the Dynamic Assist Headlights on the GT model whereas I was able to add them to my SE back in 2015!!)

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh, so it means Pretty Alterations.
    Sorted.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, Ha. Thanks
    2018 Golf SV SE Nav 1.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done my good man. Thanks for the update and I think you have made a wise decision.
    IMO this is an excellent and underrated car and you have secured a splendid deal. I don't think you will be disappointed with the SV.
    PA standing for Park Assist, well I suppose it is more appropriate and a tad more sensible than my suggestion. Thanks for enlightening us.
    Hang around the forum and keep us all updated with your experiences.
    Enjoy.

Edited below 14.1.19.
    Last edited by Sam&Anne; 14-01-19 at 17:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam&Anne View Post
    My contact is off until next week and all I am getting is generalised waffle. I will get to the bottom of this.
    Hi Sam

The PA on your screenshot is just a way of differentiating between the mark 7 & 7.5 version of the SV in this case. Volkswagen have done this quite a few times over the years whenever there is a facelift model - they usually have 2 letters either behind or in front of the model name. It just means that when we are looking down a list of cars, we can tell whether it is an old or new model.

I hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast