Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VR6 with hesitation in acceleration....... then check engine light......

Post Thanks / Like

VR6 with hesitation in acceleration....... then check engine light......

Hi all.

I'm a complete newbie to this forum and admit I'm running out of ideas. I bought the 2009 Passat 3.2 VR6 a week ago knowing it had this problem. the main issue is a massive flat spot on take off and after a few days I get a 'check engine' light.

I have a scanner which I bought for my son's Audi A4. The fault codes seem to be random and always blame the O2 sensors. Usually Bank 1 Sensor 1, sometimes bank 1 sensor 2. Sometimes bank 2 etc. Experience tells me that the problem is further up the path though. Also all 4 O2 sensors were changed by the previous owner.

I've ordered a new Bosch MAF and I'm hoping this will solve the problem. I'm hoping it's not the throttle unit (pedal and actuator 'fly by wire' thingy).

I've also not ruled out an air leak in the manifold somewhere, although I can't find any leaking hoses and I don't want to start dismantling the injectors.

Just wondered if any of you learned gents have any suggestions? Is it worth buying a Vag Com lead and the software? Things seem to be a lot more expensive here in New Zealand.

Any advice greatfully received.

Johnny P

Post Thanks / Like
    This has to be a Passat R36, a rare beast?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Not an R 36. It has the 3.2 engine in it. Badges as an FSI 4Motion. Imported from Japan. It can catch pigeons!

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from you posted.

I only know of one Passat with a 3.2 engine.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 09/2005-08/2007, Model: Passat/4Motion/Variant, Engine Code: AXZ, 184Kw, 250PS, 3.2 Ltr, 6 Cyls, Remarks: Fuel Stratified Injection (FSI) V6 24v

You need to post all error codes found.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passat 2009 WVWZZZ3CZ9E096381 Specs Images_Page_3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	6437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passat 2009 WVWZZZ3CZ9E096381 Specs Images_Page_4.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	6438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passat 2009 WVWZZZ3CZ9E096381 Specs Images_Page_5.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	6439Thanks Keith. I'm not looking for a free fix. Truth is I'm on 4 other brand forums as an admin and as an enthusiast. I've been a vehicle technician for 35 years and was hoping for some help from fellow professionals.

I already dumped a hunk of good reference material on your forum. I've also answered a question on a problem someone has with a diesel injector problem. If you still want me to post an introduction before I ask a question, then I guess I'll have to do that.

Now you know of other 3.2 Passats as this one is a 2009 3.2. I've uploaded a spec sheet for the vehicle so that you be totally sure I'm not trying to fool you and get a free fix

If you read my post you will see I'm getting random codes, all connected with the O2 sensors. These have all been replaced and the wiring checked back to the ECU but if you insist here are the two latest (as explained in the post). If you require the latest list explaining the codes up to 2019 models please let me know.

LAST TWO Fault Codes P219700 & P227100

As I said, was hoping for any positive input and help that someone would give. If ever you need any help with a Landrover or Mercedes, then drop me a friendly line.

Kind regards and thanks in anticipation.

I hope this spec sheet loads as a JPEG, it is 7 pages long! Correction, I can only load 5 pages at a time. If you need more specs, let me know Keith!

Name:	Passat 2009 WVWZZZ3CZ9E096381 Specs Images_Page_1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	6435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passat 2009 WVWZZZ3CZ9E096381 Specs Images_Page_2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	6436
    2009 Passat 4Motion 3.2 FSI

6. Likes Keithuk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a VW TPI for the 3.2 v6 relating to earth point corrosion when it flags an AMM error, I can’t post it from home.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    LAST TWO Fault Codes P219700 & P227100

As I said its an AXZ from those pictures.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 09/2005-08/2007, Model: Passat/4Motion/Variant, Engine Code: AXZ, 184Kw, 250PS, 3.2 Ltr, 6 Cyls, Remarks: Fuel Stratified Injection (FSI) V6 24v

EODB II error codes are only 5 characters starting with a letter, don't add extra 00. It isn't easy looking at those pictures as you would have to save them and blow them up to read each line.

EOBD II Error Code: P2197

Fault Location:
    Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 1 (G39), Bank 2 - Signal Stuck Lean

Possible Cause:
    Wiring/Connector(s).
    Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 1 (G39).
    Fuel pressure.
    Injectors.
    Intake leak.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Check/Replace Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 1 (G39), Bank 2.

VAG Error Code: 008817/2944
    EOBD II Error Code: P2271

Fault Location:
    Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 2 (G130), Bank 1 - Too Rich

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Wiring/Connector(s).
    Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 2 (G130).
    Fuel pressure.
    Injectors.
    Air intake restricted.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Check/Replace Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 2 (G130), Bank 1.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keith. I already have all the code information and possible faults. I have the genuine VW documents. I was looking for some practical insight.

I never denied it was the AXZ engine, just that it was later than you claimed.

Is there anyone else on here that can give some practical advice rather than cut and paste from aftermarket software?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I've seen that elsewhere Crasher. Thanks. I'll follow that up today.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you reckon to this guys?

Name:	live data.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	6445

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast