Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lowering my tiguan mk1 on golf gti springs

Post Thanks / Like

lowering my tiguan mk1 on golf gti springs

hi has anyone lowered there tiguans , on another american site there talks of the mk5 golf gti having bolt on bits for the tiguan , bolt the front struts straight on and the rear springs giving an instant lowering of about 30mm
    2008 Tiguan 2.0 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus wept...

3. Thanks Crasher thanked for this post
    Likes Sam&Anne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Jesus wept...
    ? , there interchangable parts , whats the problem
    2008 Tiguan 2.0 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Axle weights...

6. Likes Crasher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Axle weights...
    looked on ebay and theres a set of eibach lowering springs with serial number of kBA91336 , theres a sticker on the box saying vw tiguan 5n lowering kit , these are the exact same number as mine in the garage
    2008 Tiguan 2.0 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a strange number as Eibach Pro kits begin with E .

If you tell me the hp and engine code and axle weights I'll tell you the correct part # !

Post Thanks / Like
    The Eibach part number is E10-85-020-01-22, kBA91336 is the Bilstien kit which includes the Eibach springs, anyway what do you mean by what is in your garage, do you have a kit that you did not mention?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Tiguan...item20d6771b97
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Eibach E10-85-020-01-22

is the right kit alright , but instead of front 1190kg and rear 1130kg axle weights I'm getting .

1200kg and 1170kg .

Post Thanks / Like
    That is something I can work out with the cars VIN by finding the OE spring numbers and cross referring against the weight listings.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The Eibach part number is E10-85-020-01-22, kBA91336 is the Bilstien kit which includes the Eibach springs, anyway what do you mean by what is in your garage, do you have a kit that you did not mention?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Tiguan...item20d6771b97
    no ive bought a kit and its in my garage ready to fit with the part numbers i mentioned above KBA91336 , Theres no mention of any E numbers on the springs , there probley was on the original box.
    2008 Tiguan 2.0 TDI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast