Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Polo P0302 fault

Post Thanks / Like

2007 Polo P0302 fault

Hi guys,
    Ive thrawled through this forum for the past while. My mother has a 2007 Polo that developed a misfire , I done a few simple checks like changed spark plugs and switched coilpacks around but fault remained on cylinder 2. So performed a compression test and number 2 was bit below 1 and 3, removed head and sent to machine shop for valve replacement. Got head back few days later along with new head gasket kit and timing chain kit. Timed everything up , treble checked timing and reinstalled everything.
    Started up and car is still idlying rough and if revved code p0302 comes back on. Unsure on what to do next, when I switch the car off there is a loud hissing noise that comes from around the injectors. Is this normal ? Tried spraying carb cleaner in when running but doesnt change the idlying issue. Apologies about the long post
    Thanks alot in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    I did one today, a 1.4 Ibiza with the BXW engine, I initially thought coil pack but a new one failed to help, a compression test showed 16 Bar on all 4 and looking at the Technical Product Information notices on the ELSA system showed that the injectors are an issue at this date, a new VDO injector solved the problem. Funnily enough we also had a Golf 7 R in today with a failed indirect injector (they have direct AND indirect injectors) of the same design type.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec say 0, only what I've added from this moved post minus engine size.

VAG Error Code: 16686/15128/10592/7115/8736/4057/000770
    EOBD II Error Code: P0302

Fault Location:
    Cylinder 2 - Misfire Detected

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Lack/loss of power.
    Hard start.
    Engine hesitation.

Wiring/Connector(s).
    Ignition system.
    Fuel injectors.
    Fuel pressure.
    Running out of fuel.
    EVAP canister purge valve.
    Evaporative emission system.
    Low compression.
    Base engine problems.
    Engine Control Module (ECM) damaged.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Do a compression test.
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 15 if misfire changes location.

Special Notes:
    This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.

Tech Notes:
    The P0302 code means that the cylinder 2 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks an if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 2. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

Description:
    When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Engine Speed (RPM) Sensor [G28]/Crankshaft Position Sensor [G28] signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoops sorry should have introduced myself. We have a house full of VWs. The engine in my mothers polo is a 1.2 12v BME. Warm compression test gives me 125psi across all three cylinders. Swapped injectors around and still misfire on cylinder 2. The loud hsss noise when engine is stopped. Ive used soapy water to try identify a leak but cant find any in the area the noise comes from

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darren325i View Post
    Whoops sorry should have introduced myself. We have a house full of VWs. The engine in my mothers polo is a 1.2 12v BME. Warm compression test gives me 125psi across all three cylinders. Swapped injectors around and still misfire on cylinder 2. The loud hsss noise when engine is stopped. Ive used soapy water to try identify a leak but cant find any in the area the noise comes from
    If air is leaking in then soapy water will be of no use. Maybe worth spraying carb cleaner/easy start to see if you get change to idle speed? (Be careful when doing this though - potentially dangerous)
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Post Thanks / Like
    Check wiring to no.2 coil pack and injector; you've ruled out pretty much everything else.
    My car: 2003 Polo 1.4 BBY, Petrol
    Good Lady's: 2005 Mk1 Skoda Fabia 1.2, AZQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,
    Glad to report issue is now resolved. I got a 2nd hand inlet manifold with injectors and that fixed it. Just thought id update this if anyone in future is having similar issues.
    Thanks

8. Thanks lemta thanked for this post
    Likes lemta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for putting the fix. I hate when people come on for a fix and just disappear when they solve the issue and just fcuk off without letting people know HATE IT!!!
    2007 Golf GT Sport 2.0 TDI-PD BKD 140PS

10. Thanks Keithuk thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    Thanks for putting the fix. I hate when people come on for a fix and just disappear when they solve the issue and just fcuk off without letting people know HATE IT!!!
    Well put Stevie, that's why I post First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

12. Likes Stevie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it is very annoying, even when searching for problems you read through a whole thread with symptoms exactly like your symptoms and then no resolution at the end!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast