Thread: 2001 Beetle Electrical advice please

Post Thanks / Like

2001 Beetle Electrical advice please

Morning, I'm in need of some advice, I have a 2001 Beetle, the heated seats, rear Demister, and the heated mirrors don't work. The rear window heater worked until I removed a website off the window, I know how careful to be removing this and I can't see no breaks in the lines so here is where I need the advise, are these all connected somehow??

Was it coincidence, that after I removed the website address that the rear window didn't Demist ? Or did it trip it self. Im contemplating buying the stuff to redo the rear window and try abit of diy ?? I'm nr Mansfield shirebrook and would love someone to look at it who has a passion for her, I don't wanna be charged hundreds of dollars if there's a trick of the trade for these things?? Any help would be greatly received.
    2001 Beetle 2.0 Petrol Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Have you checked the fuses? Do you have the correct fuse and relay layout? PDF files

Post moved to correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Thanks ALFIES-MUM thanked for this post
    Likes ALFIES-MUM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes to checking all the fuses and relays, and yeah was thinking of having it read anyway in case they all part same problem, thank you for your reply

Post Thanks / Like
    I also clicked on the link but got way over my head