Thread: Drivers side electric window issue!

Post Thanks / Like

Drivers side electric window issue!

Hey guys! Late last year my window went down but wouldnít go back up! When I stripped it down thereís a little plastic gear that had been chewed up in the motor so I replaced this, greased up and all was fine! Now Iím having the same issue, I can get my window half way down and it goes back up any lower an it stops and I have to wind it up manually by taking the door card off! Iíve checked the motor thatís fine, not sure what it could be?! Please help?! I know itís not the weather for window down now but I want to rectify the problem before summer!! Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Likes JasonR94 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply! I had the garage I use scan the car on the obd machine nothing came up, no codes no faults, everything was reading fine and all in working order!
    09 plate Golf 1.4, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonR94 View Post
    the garage I use scan the car on the obd machine nothing came up, no codes no fault codes
    OBD isn't VAG-COM\VCDS, they do have a basic EOBD.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.