Thread: Temperature and Fuel Gauge playing up and Trip computer self resetting!

Post Thanks / Like

Temperature and Fuel Gauge playing up and Trip computer self resetting!

Hey fellow VDub family Im new to this and Id like to some help with this sudden problem today.

I have a 2000reg VW Golf MK4 1.9 TDi (90bhp)

As I was driving my temperature gauge and fuel gauge suddenly started playing up going up and down following by a yellow flashing brake disc warning light and then a red engine oil level light, followed by my clock display and trip computer going to 0. I immediately pulled up, topped up my engine and inspected my break pads and discs they were very very hot and worn (need replacing), after topping up the oil level I started the car back up but the temp and fuel gauge are still showing 0 with no other warning lights on or showing any errors/faults.

The car still starts on the button drives well as it was before but now every time I switch ignition on my trip computer and clock resets again!

This sudden problem is leaving me scratching my head!

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own.

After you have posted 3 more with the same text, which I've deleted.

That isn't easy to diagnose on the web as we can't see the vehicle or know what's been done.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Thanks VDub-Akh thanked for this post