Thread: Seized Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Seized Brakes.

Hi all new here,

So ive had my sisters 2001 Beetle on my drive for about 2 years without it moving. We want to maybe see about getting it on the road but the brakes are seized solid. Whats the best way to get them free? The handbrake was left on onit aswell.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezza91 View Post
    Hi all new here,

We want to maybe see about getting it on the road but the brakes are seized solid. Whats the best way to get them free? The handbrake was left on onit aswell.
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

That seems normal for the hand brake, you never leave the hand brake on for 2 years, just leave it in gear.

Are you going to work on this Beetle or is someone else? They need to strip the brakes down and find what is binding. Its probably easier to cut the hand brake cables off and fit new ones.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright sorry mate,

im going to try do it myself. Thanks for the advice.
    Sisters: 2001 Beetle 1.6, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you mechanically minded and you have the correct tools and equipment?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

5. Likes oktember liked this post