Thread: Which VW model? 2 front swivelling seats, 3 same-width slideable seats behind

Post Thanks / Like

Which VW model? 2 front swivelling seats, 3 same-width slideable seats behind

Hello,

This is my first post here.

I am replacing my 12-year-old SEAT Alhambra MPV and have realised that the only realistic replacement is a VW, given that my requirements are

* 2 seats in front row that can swivel round 180 degrees to face backwards
    * 3 seats in 2nd row that are individually foldable, slideable, each of the same width, and if possible removable
    * 0 seats in 3rd row
    * about 2 -3 years old

I don't want something that's huge and bus-like with a long wheelbase and can seat 8 or 9. so I think I am looking at a short wheelbase VW Transporter or VW Caravelle. That's perhaps a little bigger than what I'd ideally like, but no manufacturer seems to have made any Ford Galaxy-size vehicles for several years that meet the criteria, and in the past I had a VW Vento that I was always very happy with, so VW it is.

I'd be grateful for advice on specific models that meet the above 4 criteria, or how to navigate the modification market if that's necessary. The other critera are

* classified as a car, so not subject to van speed limits
    * actually car-like inside and not van-like
    * not subject to commercial vehicle insurance rates - this will be a family vehicle

Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by neilf; 07-02-19 at 15:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    How old Transporter or Caravelle? https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used-cars/all-models don't list those models. Go to a dealer to get a brochure.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    How old Transporter or Caravelle? https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used-cars/all-models don't list those models. Go to a dealer to get a brochure.
    As I said, 2-3 years old. I was hoping someone on the forum might have some knowledge of the said models or other models that might meet the criteria.
    SEAT Alhambra MPV