Thread: Hi all

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all

I’m a newbie so please don’t think I’m thick straight away ��, I recently bought my 2009 Golf mk6 2.0 TDI. I’ve had to sort out a couple of issues that I knew about (heated mirrors & 12v cig fault), then I had a leak in the hatch which covered me in windscreen wash when I open the hatch... broken water pipe!

My question is ... the reception on fm is poor and I can’t find the antenna, there’s none on the roof of the car (no shark fin or rod)! I want to source a touch screen with sat nav and Bluetooth, but want to correct this issue first.

I would appreciate any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own.

Which radio model do you have fitted? Some sat/nav models use the shark fin fitted in the roof.

The Bluetooth module is generally under the passenger seat.

Bluetooth FAQ for mk5-mk6-mk7 VW Golf, Jetta, JSW: 9w2, 9w3, 9w7 modules

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all

Thanks for the reply, I currently have the standard stereo 1k0035156B... there is no antenna on the exterior of the car so donít know where to look to check itís ok.

I want to fit the new one once I have taken care of the antenna problem... is the chassis used as the antenna?
    Last edited by Andy1203; 10-02-19 at 16:05. Reason: More info

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1203 View Post
    I currently have the standard stereo 1k0035156B...
    I asked you for the radio model not the part number I have to search ETKA for.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Sorry, itís the rcd210 that is currently installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not 100% certain for your derivative of the Golf but I think you'll find the radio antenna is combined with the rear demist, hence the lack of any visible aerial.
    2018 Arteon Elegance 1.5 TSI Manual in Pyrite Silver with 19" Chennai alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1203 View Post
    Oh! Sorry, it’s the rcd210 that is currently installed.
    An RCD 210 isn't a sat/nav.

As said my aerial uses the heated rear window element.