Thread: P0234 Touran 2011 1.6tdi A whole host of symptoms p0234

Post Thanks / Like

P0234 Touran 2011 1.6tdi A whole host of symptoms p0234

Hi so following on from the p0202 code that flashed up I changed the Injector No 2 and everything seemed fine, but then i am driving along and i get the car telling me workshop. Pulled over ignition off and then back on again and no lights, i got home and I plugged in the reader and I got code p0234, Carista is showing Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Overboost Condition also a manufacturer Specific code 07385. The car is now running very bad from cold it's gutless and almost wants to stall, then when you get it up to around 15mph the turbo feels like it kicks in and ll the time there is a constant shake throughout the car. trying to get the car into 4th is near on impossible as the car just shakes a lot more although when you are on a long straight flat road the car will happily stay at 50 in 5th with no shake until you ask for more power. Everytime you start to climb a hill you have to drop down in gears to 2nd revs go up to 2500-3000 and workshop message pops back up. I tried to move the vain lever tonight and it moves down a few millimeters and then springs back. i'm ready to replace the turbo as i've done this before on my zafira b(which was a dreaded car)

Any help would be gratefully recived
    2011 Touran BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR 105PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dadof2fatherof5 View Post
    Carista is showing Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Overboost Condition also a manufacturer Specific code 07385.
    Carista isn't a proper scanner when is shows 07385 which I've never heard of.

This is a common error code you can Google.

VAG Error Code: 16618/000564
    EOBD II Error Code: P0234

Fault Location:
    Boost Pressure Regulation - Limit Exceeded (Overboost Condition)

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Boost Pressure too high.
    Reduced Power Output.

Hoses incorrectly connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking.
    Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) faulty.
    Manifold Pressure/Boost Sensor (G31) faulty.
    Turbocharger stuck/faulty.
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve blocked.

Possible Solutions:
    Check Charge Pressure Control System.
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Perform Output Test (to check the Turbocharger).
    Perform Basic Setting (to check the Charge Pressure Control).
    Difference of set value boost pressure vs. altitude sensor signal > 200 - 1275 hPa.
    Perform Pressure Test to locate Leaks.
    Check/Replace Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75).
    Check/Replace Manifold Pressure/Boost Sensor (G31).
    Check/Replace Turbocharger.
    Check and clean Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve.

Description:
    The boost pressure sensor responds to pressure changes in the intake manifold. This pressure is created by the turbocharger and changes with accelerator pedal position and engine speed. The Engine Control Module (ECM) uses this information to assist in diagnosis of the barometric pressure (BARO) sensor and to provide engine overboost protection. The boost pressure sensor has a 5-volt reference circuit, a low reference circuit, and a signal circuit. The Engine Control Module (ECM) supplies 5 volts to the boost pressure sensor on the 5-volt reference 2 circuit, and provides a ground on a low reference circuit. The boost pressure sensor provides a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM) on a signal circuit relative to the pressure changes. The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the boost pressure sensor signal for voltage outside of the normal range. The Engine Control Module (ECM) calculates a predicted value for the boost pressure sensor. The Engine Control Module (ECM) then compares the predicted value to the actual signal.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith, Thankyou for your reply. I have vcds on order as soon as I've got that i hopefully can get some live data. Do you happen to know where the MAP sensor is please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi so im still waiting for vcds to arrive. my local parcel delivery office lost my parcel. in the meantime i have been busy first of all i unbolted the turbo actuator and the turbo lever is moving the veins freely and there is no sticking, i have also tested the n57 and that is also working fine. i removed the map g31 sensor from the intercooler pipe and cleaned this although it wasnt dirty. i also cleaned the maf sensor. the oil breather pipe from top of the rocker to air intake pipe is clear and not blocked. the egr valve is also working properly and clean. still im getting the overboost at 3000rpm. i cant get any live data until vcds turns up.
    2011 Touran BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR 105PS