Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Heating/fan not working

Post Thanks / Like

No Heating/fan not working

Morning all,
    I have a 2004 Touran, Now I don't the history of this car as it was a auction buy. But the heater fan doesn't work, I have replaced the motor and still nothing checked the fuses and all looks good. The control panel is the digital type with 2 lcd displays when I first turn the car on it seems to take a few mins for these to reset just comes on with loads of strange symbols and also the button for the rear heated screen doesn't seem to work. Is there any chance someone could point me in the right direction of where to look next? or could this be a fault with the control panel its self?

thanks
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a good fuse and relay layout? PDF files you have an hotmail email which doesn't allow large files to be received.

Fuse 2 (in the dash) 5A - Heater/heat output switch -E16- Fresh air blower switch -E9-
    Fuse 7 (in the dash) 5A - Heater/heat output switch -E16
    Fuse 24 (in the dash) 10A - Heater/heat output switch -E16

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I will double check the fuses tonight when I get back from work. I also have someone coming out tonight to read the fault codes
    2004 Touran 2.0 TDI-PD

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi the error code is P1641 - Cooling Fan Relay 1 Control Circuit
    2004 Touran 2.0 TDI-PD

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that code would relate to the radiator fan relay, which wouldn't have much if anything to do with the cabin fan not running.
    Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    ok that is the only fault code in the whole car lol ..
    2004 Touran 2.0 TDI-PD

Post Thanks / Like
    What was used to scan for codes, and which modules did it scan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete1 View Post
    What was used to scan for codes, and which modules did it scan?
    Pass it was taken into a garage and he used what ever he had scanned the whole car .. but I do have a question where abouts is the relay for the heater motor as I can't hear anything click or anything when I turn it on
    2004 Touran 2.0 TDI-PD

Post Thanks / Like
    No relay. If the system is manual there will be a 'fan resistor' which is actually three resistors in series, selectively switched out of circuit as you turn up the fan through positions 1, 2, 3; and then completely irrelevant for switch position 4. For Climatronic - which yours sounds like, there's a solid-state speed control module, I believe.
    Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is a Climatronic but I must be missing something or something in the middle.. I have changed the fan motor for a brand new one .. I have changed the main controls in the centre console and still no response so what links them 2 together ?
    2004 Touran 2.0 TDI-PD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast