Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk4 1.4 s Throttle Issue - Limp Mode

Post Thanks / Like

Mk4 1.4 s Throttle Issue - Limp Mode

I have a 1.4 s which I have recently picked up for a song however.... with an issue. When started runs no problem. As soon as you accelerate away it goes in to limp mode. On start up there are no error codes. Once running, and having attempted to accelerate it shows a Throttle Body issue.

The Throttle Body 03C 133 062 (NO trailing letter) I am having trouble finding one with this code to purchase. I would also appreciate any information on the wiring in to the throttle body on the 1-6 connector attached to it so I can look at the voltages and see if I can work out if a Body fault or wiring/Accelerator fault. In fact, any advice on solving greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I can see (here: oemwolf.com) that suffix-less part number hasn't been superseded directly by anything else.
    If you can tell me year and especially engine code of the car, I can probably look up the wiring info for you. Engine code will be on the data sticker on the boot floor, and possibly also in the service book.
    Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Put a C after your number. 03C 133 062 C there are heaps on Ebay. Try and stick to OE or from VW. Good luck
    2009 Passat 4Motion 3.2 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Thanks for all the input above. I will dig out the codes just to confirm. I bought a 03C 133 062 A on Ebay as it had the same casing. The 03C 133 062 C has a different plastic housing and manufacturer so avoided. The 03C 133 062 A has the same casing but a different throat diameter.
    2005 Golf Mk 5 1.9 TDI-PD
    2004 Golf 1.4 S, Petrol BCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff. Always good to check. Without your engine code and year of car it's hard to be spot on. Try this website for complete accuracy www.oemepc.com have your vin number ready, or just go through the model details till you find yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Engine Code is BCA, On an 04 Plate Registered July 2004.
    http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single...rt_id/0/lang/e

So that is the correct part on the correct BCA engine and appears. So I have a car, it exists and there are no spares on the 2nd hand market or anywhere else for this part. This is somewhat of a puzzle to me.

Any advances on this because I am convinced I have got something wrong here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Will have another look in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    AI am now a very happy camper. After 2 weeks of searching have just found 2 on Ebay so one on order for delivery next week! Thanks for all the help so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just replying directly to this Engine Code is BCA and is a 2004 1.4 S. Thanks in advance. Although I have ordered the body at last I am still looking to check as and I have read the throttle can also be a faulty part and just looking to check the variation in voltage.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast