Thread: 2005 Golf Electric window issues drivers side

Post Thanks / Like

2005 Golf Electric window issues drivers side

Hi I have a 2005 Golf and the drivers window only goes up or down about a cm at a time so to open it fully I need to keep pressing the switch countless times and the same to get it back up it will also just stop working half way down and I will have to wait a few minutes then it will start to move a cm at a time. Any help would be awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Check out the limit switch.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Post moved to correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    i had similar issue this month. window was goinf tooo slow and making nuck nuck noises. in the end it was not moving at all. Mechanic changed the parts included in this kit HERE

it is golf jetta 5 window regulator repair kit. when they opened the door shell all wires were broken and motor is jammed.

in worst case scenario you need to change window motor too.
    2004 Golf 1.6 FSI BAG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nasirdemirulus View Post
    i had similar issue this month. window was goinf tooo slow and making nuck nuck noises. in the end it was not moving at all. Mechanic changed the parts included in this kit HERE

it is golf jetta 5 window regulator repair kit. when they opened the door shell all wires were broken and motor is jammed.

in worst case scenario you need to change window motor too.
    How much did it cost in total for the repair?
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP