UK Volkswagen Forum banner

VW Arteon Delivery Time

4K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Crasher 
#1 ·
I ordered a VW Arteon 2.0 tsi 190 DSG on 24/09/18. To cut a long story short it’s now 15/02/19 and i’m still only at stage 2 on the process “with the factory”. I’ve contacted my retailer and VW directly on numerous occasions and they still fail to give me even a rough date of delivery. As i assumed i was told that this engine is still being tested under the new regulations however i didnt think that 5 months down the line my car wouldn’t have recieved it’s first panel! Especially after being told when ordered the estimates delivery time is 10-12 weeks! Just wondering if anyone else is, or has been, in a similar boat and could give me an idea of how long i can expect to be waiting. I’m 20 years old and am having to pay £200 p/m for temporary insurance on my mothers car at no fault of my own. I feel this is a stunt from VW to ensure customers don’t cancel their orders. MONEY GRABBERS!

#6 ·
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2018-, Model: Arteon, Engine Code: DKZA, 140Kw, 190PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection (TFSI) It will be the direct successor to the Volkswagen CC
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2017-, Model: Arteon, Engine Code: DFHA, 140Kw, 190PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) It will be the direct successor to the Volkswagen CC
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2017-, Model: Arteon, Engine Code: CZPB, 140Kw, 190PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection (TFSI) It will be the direct successor to the Volkswagen CC Chain

#9 ·
Yes it seems that the manufacturers didnt prepare or understand the lengthy process of the new testing especially with VW as they might be being looked at through a magnifying glass... cant think why... . But yes its immensely frustrating that in this day and age i’m being left with no vehicle and having to fork out £200 p/m on insurance alone.

#10 ·
What caught every car manufacturer offering petrol engines was the need to fit a particulate filter like on Diesel engines, the technology and production capabilities were simply not there. You will notice this shown in the cars spec as “opf” an acronym for “Otto Particulate Filter” named after Nickoluas Otto who invented the combustion cycle but more likely to be referred to as a GPF, Gasoline Particulate Filter which frankly is wrong, the Compresion ignition cycle AND its fuel were named after Mr Rudolf not the fuel. Anyway, look at it this way, you are 20 years old with a pretty cool car on order and all the time in the world to enjoy it plus the cars to come in the future so complaining could seem a little irritating to a grumpy 55 year old driving an 18 year old Skoda....

#13 ·
The car is through a lease company and have 0 influence. They only can regurgitate what VW tell them, The bottom line is that VW are keeping people on the end of the carrot instead of being reasonable and letting people know what’s really happening. The wait isnt the problem, it’s the fact that i keep thinking my car is close, then another delay. Instead of paying 3 1 month insurance premiums i could of saved money by taking out annual insurance and changing it once the car came. They have no interest in the customer but only see £££

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.