Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW Arteon Delivery Time

Post Thanks / Like

Angry VW Arteon Delivery Time

I ordered a VW Arteon 2.0 tsi 190 DSG on 24/09/18. To cut a long story short itís now 15/02/19 and iím still only at stage 2 on the process ďwith the factoryĒ. Iíve contacted my retailer and VW directly on numerous occasions and they still fail to give me even a rough date of delivery. As i assumed i was told that this engine is still being tested under the new regulations however i didnt think that 5 months down the line my car wouldnít have recieved itís first panel! Especially after being told when ordered the estimates delivery time is 10-12 weeks! Just wondering if anyone else is, or has been, in a similar boat and could give me an idea of how long i can expect to be waiting. Iím 20 years old and am having to pay £200 p/m for temporary insurance on my mothers car at no fault of my own. I feel this is a stunt from VW to ensure customers donít cancel their orders. MONEY GRABBERS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean a TDI 190, not a TSI 190?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    No i’ve ordered the 2.0 tsi, like the one that’s currently available on the VW configurator for the new passat
    2019 Arteon 2.0 TSI 190PS, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    That engine is 272PS, no sorry found it on ETKA but it isn't shown on the VW configurator here or in Germany, it will be a CZPB or DKZA engine.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah i see, yes in england there is a 272ps 2.0tsi and a 190ps 2.0tsi variant 😊

Post Thanks / Like
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2018-, Model: Arteon, Engine Code: DKZA, 140Kw, 190PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection (TFSI) It will be the direct successor to the Volkswagen CC
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2017-, Model: Arteon, Engine Code: DFHA, 140Kw, 190PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) It will be the direct successor to the Volkswagen CC
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2017-, Model: Arteon, Engine Code: CZPB, 140Kw, 190PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection (TFSI) It will be the direct successor to the Volkswagen CC Chain
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any way of getting an update on the WLPT tesing for this engine?

Post Thanks / Like
    The testing program has become a nightmare where you are a tiny cog, you will have to wait until the problems are sorted out. It is so bad that all the testing facilities in Europe are booked solid.

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it seems that the manufacturers didnt prepare or understand the lengthy process of the new testing especially with VW as they might be being looked at through a magnifying glass... cant think why... ��. But yes its immensely frustrating that in this day and age i’m being left with no vehicle and having to fork out £200 p/m on insurance alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    What caught every car manufacturer offering petrol engines was the need to fit a particulate filter like on Diesel engines, the technology and production capabilities were simply not there. You will notice this shown in the cars spec as “opf” an acronym for “Otto Particulate Filter” named after Nickoluas Otto who invented the combustion cycle but more likely to be referred to as a GPF, Gasoline Particulate Filter which frankly is wrong, the Compresion ignition cycle AND its fuel were named after Mr Rudolf not the fuel. Anyway, look at it this way, you are 20 years old with a pretty cool car on order and all the time in the world to enjoy it plus the cars to come in the future so complaining could seem a little irritating to a grumpy 55 year old driving an 18 year old Skoda....

Vile Invention

11. Likes oktember liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast