Thread: Battery

Post Thanks / Like

Battery

Morning Folks, quick question which has probably been asked before, I retired last April and during the winter months my Polo is not being used as often as it should and sometimes i find starting a bit sluggish i would like to take the battery out and give it a charge up ( my car is kept a short distance from the house) would this effect my radio or indeed any other part of the electric system if the battery was removed for a few days, is there anything i should be aware of? Thanks for any advice. My car is a 2017 Polo Match Edition 1.2 petrol CJZC engine.

mayfieldman
    2017 Polo 1.2 TSI Match Edition , Engine Code CJZC

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem with my Golf as I don't use it that much now. I put the battery on charge in Winter just to top it up. I really need to get a new battery after 8 years.

You don't need the radio code if you disconnect the battery to put it on charge the ecu remembers the code. When you reconnect it checks the code still matches.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent, Thank you I was afraid i would loose radio code
    2017 Polo 1.2 TSI Match Edition , Engine Code CJZC

Post Thanks / Like
    If it does loose the radio code for some strange reason you can go to a VW dealer with the VIN number and proof of ownership and they will give your the radio code Free Of Charge (FOC).
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.