Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI Amber ECU light stays on with new EGR valve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pete for all your info, second to none ! Seems like we've got the problem done to one wire.
    I will carry on this detective work in the week between work. I've made a diagram from all your info. Im thinking i will remove the air filter box and maybe battery as the wiring seems to disappear under there.
    2007 Golf Match 1.9 TDI-PD BXE, Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem, I like an electrical 'whodunnit'.
    I'm not familiar with the physical layout on a Golf unfortunately, just working off circuit pdfs that I've downloaded via erWin.
    My car: 2003 Polo 1.4 BBY, Petrol
    Good Lady's: 2005 Mk1 Skoda Fabia 1.2, AZQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Just reporting back on my amber EML light aggro.... I decided to use a jumper wire from fused side of fuse 24 to pin 2 of the TB connector where the wire runs across top of engine block (easy access for me). This i simply twist wired to test the idea. Reason was i thought better to start pulling lots of items out under bonnet and fiddling with 14 & 40 wire connector blocks on a 12 year old car and it started raining with rain predicted all day. As well the jumper wire will quickly tell me whether the EML light will turn off.
    This worked for Wednesday, the light went out, booked MOT that afternoon and the light stayed out and it passed.
    Thursday afternoon the light has come back on, Thursday evening the light went out. So I think my jumper wire needs soldering to the pin2 wire rather than i admit a bit of dodgy wire twisting.
    thanks again Pete1 for your help, i have an MOT pass. Just need now to make the jumper wire more solidly connected in place.
    2007 Golf Match 1.9 TDI-PD BXE, Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one. Good idea to use a jumper wire.

Post Thanks / Like
    i had slimier problem with the Map sensor, the problem was broken wire and open circuit, check all the wires down under .. next to the radiator under the air filter box

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123