Thread: R32 ****5000***** miles

Post Thanks / Like

R32 ****5000***** miles

I was very lucky to come across a r32 golf with only 5000 miles on the clock. And the plastic still on the steering wheel. The garage I got it from got it from an elderly man who from new only drove it once a week to get his shopping. Hence the 5000 miles this car is so well looked after I know that there will not be another one like it. I paid a lot of money for it and bought it to keep and sell in years to come. But unfortunate reasons I have to let it go. Vw heritage are interested in it but itís a long process. No time wasters pls serious offers please

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious, MK4 or 5?

Spec, any extras on it?
    2018 Octavia VRS245 2.0, Petrol
    2003 Lupo GTI
    2013 Touran TDI? SE

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll give you reg plate and you can look it up yourself hv08erj

Post Thanks / Like
    This might sound like an odd question, but does anyone know how the boot space and the ride / rear suspension compares to a Golf Mk4 GT TDI? I might be interested in an upgrade but have a very fussy dog and she already isn't super comfy in the back of the golf. Secondary question, what are the rear seats like, also have a new baby and getting car seats to fit in really sculpted seats can be an issue.

Finally any indication on what a lot of money is? Feel free to message me direct if you don't want to post the asking price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I paid 19.500 high price because of the miles and it has been kept to a very high standard you could compare it to a car straight from manufacturer and I donít Think there is another one out there like this. If anyone wants this car it would probably be someone who wants to keep it the same way I have or to take to shows

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a Golf 5 R32, the boot floor is raised and contains the battery, electrics and tool set. When I was using one a few weeks ago (turbo conversion) I went to do my Friday night Sainsburys shop and could barely get it all in the boot! The ride is a little harsh but can be vastly improved by fitting Koni Active dampers. The buyer must have ticked most of the boxes as the car has a nice spec, DSG with cruise, leather, elec glass roof, parking sensors, folding mirrors, RNS510 nav, TPMS, side and curtain bags, HID headlights with wash and heated sports seats with power lumbar, not the daft bucket seats and it is four door. If I had the cash that would go in my collection.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: