Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Acceleration

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lemta View Post
    Yes, you can take the VVT Solenoid and exercise it like that. You can use the 12 volt battery from car and use wires. What I did was to find an old 9V / 12V AC-DC charger (usually get them for modems / routers etc) and cut the wire and touch the ends to the solenoid briefly a few times. Be careful though - if unsure don't attempt it, you don't want to get electrocuted!
    This made me chuckle! Nothing like a good old jolt into reality! I will be super careful... I do enjoy electrics

2. Likes lemta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone able to add any suggestions to this? I've scanned a good vehicle and a bad vehicle; same engine etc...

Titled the Excel documents good volkswagen and bad volkswagen and made a really long log for the bad volkswagen in case...

Please let me know your thoughts, I don't think I want to keep throwing parts at it now, and I don't feel knowledgable enough to try and understand the data even though I think some correlations can clearly be made... I guess I'll take it to the dealer and let them rip me a new one, so to speak...

Hope this info helps someone else!

Absolute Pressure mbar Camshaft adjustment Intake Bank 1 Spec. Act. Specific Actual Throttle Valve Angle Engine Load Coolant Temp
    Injection timing Ignition Timing Angle Intake Air Temperature Potentiometer Selected Gear Engine Speed G28
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 Golf Sport 1.6 FSI BLF, Manual Produced 31/10/2005

One day. 1, 5 maybe 10 years from now; I hope someone bumps my thread, and I can help them...

4. Likes lemta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I've just had a look at the logs and was trying to make sense of it all. I don't understand the camshaft adjustment numbers but whether it's advanced or retarded it is stuck at the limit of 27 deg KW on your car's log where as the good one's timing is being adjusted as required (and also being within 1 deg KW). I am assuming your car's timing is stuck on retarded. Even though the camshaft is not being adjusted by the ECU, your car's value is changing all by itself which to me indicates that your variable valve timing solenoid on top of the engine is knackered or the adjuster unit is faulty. I would change the solenoid as that could be leaking oil and adjusting the timing when it shouldn't do.

EDIT: I think you also need to resolve the engine speed sensor error. Maybe try changing the Crank position sensor? This might fix your error and timing retardation.
    Last edited by lemta; 14-03-19 at 01:16.
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12