Thread: 2016 Golf Cabriolet Gear weirdness

Post Thanks / Like

2016 Golf Cabriolet Gear weirdness

Hey all,

Recently bought a 2016 Golf Cabriolet and love it. However today had an odd experience not had before, will take car to the garage but hoping someone here can give me an idea.

When accelerating the car seems to over rev and on the dashboard indicates it has dropped down gears (example; I’m in 5th gear cruising at 70mph, go to over take and increase speed, revs build then shoot up and on the screen it indicates it has dropped to 4th gear - I haven’t touched the gear stick. Happened in 4th too, indicates it had dropped to 3rd and the revs shot up with little power behind it)

Is this a big problem? Is this to do with the clutch?

Any ideas welcomed.
    Anna

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Im having the same problem with my Passat. Have you had any luck finding out what the issue is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna2107 View Post

When accelerating the car seems to over rev and on the dashboard indicates it has dropped down gears (example; I’m in 5th gear cruising at 70mph, go to over take and increase speed, revs build then shoot up and on the screen it indicates it has dropped to 4th gear - I haven’t touched the gear stick. Happened in 4th too, indicates it had dropped to 3rd and the revs shot up with little power behind it)

Is this a big problem? Is this to do with the clutch?
    We still don't know which engine size/type is fitted to your 2016 Golf Cabriolet even after your intro?

Car seems to over rev, well it won't over as the ecu won't let it.

On the dashboard indicates it has dropped down gears, That's the same problem as P30pnn as asked. That could be the ecu that controls the instruments.

Post moved to correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well got the call from the VW garage, I need a new clutch replacement at a cost of 1100 quids!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! Mine needs a full new clutch - only had it a month and thankfully they didn’t try to pull the ‘wear and tear’ line - covered in the warrenty.
    It wasn’t changing gear, the display was just getting confused when the clutch slipped.
    It’s a black 2016 Golf Cabriolet 1.6 TDI.
    Sorry to hear you’ve got to pay that much!
    ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah least you got it covered by the warranty.