Thread: Door lock problem

Post Thanks / Like

Door lock problem

I have central locking not remote locking on my VW Polo 9N and the key in the drivers door will unlock/lock the drivers door and rear passenger doors but not the front passenger door.

Put the key in the front passenger door and it will unlock/lock all 4 doors.

What is the likely fault?

Post Thanks / Like
    Check for broken wires going to the front passenger door, at the bellows by the hinges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete1 View Post
    Check for broken wires going to the front passenger door, at the bellows by the hinges.
    Thanks for the reply. The bellows is loose at the bottom so able to see 3 cables (or groups of cables) protected by black fibre sheaths - all look intact.

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably need to check from the other end where they all split off to their respective connectors. I'll just have a quick look at circuit diagrams and try to find the colour of the most likely wire to check thoroughly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check particularly the brown/yellow and black/yellow wires that go to pins 10 and 9 of the 21-way connector at the A-pillar.

They operate the motor that does the unlocking when activated remotely.
    Last edited by Pete1; 10-03-19 at 15:04.
    My car: 2003 Polo 1.4 BBY, Petrol
    Good Lady's: 2005 Mk1 Skoda Fabia 1.2, AZQ

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.