Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPF for 59 plate VW Polo 1.9TDI

Post Thanks / Like

DPF for 59 plate VW Polo 1.9TDI

Hi everyone, I am trying to replace my DPF and i've been given the factory fitted code 6R0254700DX by the dealer. I wondered if anyones knows if the 6R0254700NX will fit instead?

Cheers
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Ignore the X, that just means exchange. The D was used on cars BUILT up until 05/12/10 and the N after on the 1.6 CR TDI. They are not easily interchangeable as a lot of other parts changed such as all the control lines and I think also the software in the ECU. How do you know you have the D? What is wrong with yours? Don't be tempted by aftermarket ones, they are utterly useless, second hand genuine is better.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your response - much appreciated!

The dealer told me it was fitted with a D.

I'm really struggling to find either a new or a second hand one. I have already bought a D from a scrapyard, which arrived damaged and i'm down £200.

Therefore, i'm now looking at this from exhaustdirect24.co.uk. Hoping that it might fit?
    2009 Polo 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    I should also add, mine had completely corroded.
    2009 Polo 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I made a mistake - mine is a 1.6 TDI
    2009 Polo 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwoods View Post
    Also, i made a mistake - mine is a 1.6TDi
    Yes I could see that from the DPF part number, a CAYC engine.... PM me your reg
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Built the 27/08/2009 and a CAYA engine so it needs the D which is £1389.50 exchange.

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crasher, so I have already bought this part which states that it's a 'D' but it did not fit and i had to send it back.

I have attached a photo of the original part, which actually looks more like an 'N'. Thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO-2019-01-31-18-28-59 2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	6540

Cheers
    Mike
    2009 Polo 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what the consequences of a N would be apart from needing the control line set at around £100 but there could be hidden ECU consequences. In the trade system Tec-Doc the only aftermarket producer listed, http://webcat.klarius.eu/cgi-bin/cat...rt=390399&kid= (you will have to register to use this link), states that their unit part number 390399 replaces the D, E, M and N but after some terrible experiences with aftermarket DPF's we now refuse to fit them under any circumstances. What is wrong with yours, the leaking flexi join?

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    I've wondered about the later 1.9 TDI if they are TDI-CR. What is your engine code?

Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 04/2005-11/2009, Model: Polo, Engine Code: BLT, 96Kw, 131PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2001-11/2009, Model: Polo, Engine Code: AXR, 74Kw, 101PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) Timing belt

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 06/2009-05/2014, Model: Polo/Derby/Vento/Classic Polo/Classic, Engine Code: CAYA, 55Kw, 75PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: India ("IND"): Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast