Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: would not start while warm

Post Thanks / Like

would not start while warm

Dear, i have problem of starting on my 2013 Touran 2.0 TDI 110cv transmission DSG,

every morning when i start my car,it start without any problem but when i do some kilomèters like 30kilometers and engine is hot eg at 90 thén if i put off ignition and try to restart there it ll refuse start and injection yellow spring light start blinking,
    at thé same time i was facing oil low pressure light during trafic jams etc but it was resolved by changing the oil pressure sensor,
    But starting on warm is still there,

Diag code,P001600
    i had replaced timing belt, crank sensor etc but nothing changed,
    I had ordered cam sensor too but i dont think so,
    Could it be flywheel problem because my flywheel make noise often,
    Best regards and thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I think nobody is there to help me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smsauto View Post
    I think nobody is there to help me
    I had a look at your post earlier but it was difficult to say what the problem might be.

The code is related to crank sensor (P0016), however, since you have changed it then that is probably not the issue. By pure coincidence whilst I was browsing youtube I came across a video which is related to your engine where it cranks for a long time before starting. But that problem was only during cold start. Although it is a long shot I believe your problem is also related to your VVT system so it might be worth looking into this video:

I would suggest verifying that your coolant temperature sensor is working before going any further with VVT system. Good luck & report back how you get on!
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

4. Thanks Smsauto thanked for this post
    Likes Smsauto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smsauto View Post
    Diag code,P001600
    What did you use to scan for that error code, as you've added to many 00?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which tools did you use to set the valve timing?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Its delphi
    2013 Touran 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear, lemta thanks for your post but i had verified that vvt system on Touran i dont havé it, and to confirm, i went to vw store to order vvt sensor or vvt bolt etc they confirmed that i dont have it,
    Its surprising that in morning it start normal means cold and if i dont put off it can run whole day normal my,as i put off engine after running it refuse to start, plus its warm plus it take time to start, for example if its on 50 or 60 dégrée it refuse but on 2 or 5 triés it start but at 90 degree it s very bad, may be in 3 to 4 tries or continue using starter then or more long time,
    I had this problem before doing timing but now it’s more day by day, it was rare but as other fault of oil pressure light blinking fault it was from almost 1 year ago and it was also only when i am in rush and engine is hot but oil qauntity never changed so I didn’t take attention but recently with timing when i change oil pressure sensor its resolved, i think there is one relation with oil pressure or temprature fault because it was also on warm engine and this one too,
    Need your help dears
    Last edited by Smsauto; 21-03-19 at 14:45.
    2013 Touran 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    That's very strange that your engine doesn't have a VVT system. I would have thought that every engine built in the last 10 years has one.

If your scan tool can read the coolant temperature then it might be useful to see what the temperaute is before turning the car off and then what the sensor says when it doesn't restart. It's a longshot as big difference in oil temperature and coolant should get logged as a fault by the ECU. But if it didn't then a cold reading by the coolant sensor would tell the ECU to inject more fuel than necessary which would cause a non-start.

The other thing I would do is carry out an engine flush and oil and filter change just to rule out oil pressure issues due to restriction in the oil passages.
    Last edited by lemta; 21-03-19 at 15:04.
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Post Thanks / Like
    I had ordered coolant temperature sensor, let’s see, but a lot of people had discussed same problem on internet but at the end they didn’t expose the solution they did
    2013 Touran 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you said you changed the crank sensor, have you also changed (or ordered) the camshaft sensor too? Unfortunately without diagnostic tool you are just going to be changing parts until one of them fix the issue.
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast