Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She keeps on telling me what the speed limit is.... It is doing my head in.

Post Thanks / Like

She keeps on telling me what the speed limit is.... It is doing my head in.

Hi there

I picked up a 2015 Golf SV 1.6 TDI this week.

One thing is bugging me and I cannot work out how to switch it off.

The car keeps on talking to me and telling me what the speed limit is. Anyone know how to switch it off?

I have searched through the manual and You Tube but cannot work it out.

Can anyone advise me?

Cheers

Rosco

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Speed limit on what, the sat/nav radio or the MFD?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crikey.... Not the warmest of welcomes to the forum. I was not aware there is a set of protocols.

So here goes, I am Rosco. I have owned VWs on and off since 1987. I have had a 1979 MK1 Polo, a 1988 Breadvan, 1992 Golf and a 2006 Touran. I have had a VW Urban Fox for the past 6 years and I have just bought a 2015 VW Golf SV 1.6TDi.

The announcements only happen when the entertainment / info system is switched on, I do not have a sat nav.

Can anyone please offer any useful advice?
    2015 Golf SV 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    In the MFD - scroll through via the rocker buttons on right side of steering wheel. Stop at "warning at" - press OK - it may then start at 20 mph with a white background. Pressing upper rocker will increase the warning in 5 mph increments. At any of these settings the speed warning is then set and will have a black background. At this point press OK again and the warning will show 3 dashes, meaning speed warning is off.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Crikey.... Not the warmest of welcomes to the forum. I was not aware there is a set of protocols.

The announcements only happen when the entertainment / info system is switched on, I do not have a sat nav.
    Yet another complainer, I welcome every new member that makes an intro. So if your complaining then your after a free fix.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

6. Dislikes lemta disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it....

Post Thanks / Like
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice Sam&Anne, much appreciated.

The good news is that I have managed to switch off the speed announcements. It would appear that the previous owner had downloaded non VW Sat Nav software which I found when holding down the SET UP button on the Infotainment system.
    2015 Golf SV 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that answers my question about where on earth you were getting these messages

I'd seen your question, but have never encountered anything like this before. I presume it was some kind of add-on with speed cameras or something? But I wasn't aware that you could download extra software to the Discover Navigation Sat Nav (not that I'm looking to!). Or do you have the Discover Navigation Pro Sat Nav?

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Golf 4 GT TDI 3 Door from 11/1998 to 3/2006.
    Polo 4 Twist 1.2 3 Door from 12/2003 to 4/2009.
    Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI from 3/2006 to 12/2011.
    Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG from 12/2011 to 2/2015.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris. It is Pioneer Navgate software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast