Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: golf 1.6fsi

Post Thanks / Like

golf 1.6fsi

can anyone help i been looking to find where to buy a cam follower for 2006 Golf 1.6 FSI but nothing on ebay sates not for your vehicle?
    yet see them being changed out of this engine so at a loss of where to get one!
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried the VW dealership?

EDIT: are you having any issues with the car?
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Post Thanks / Like
    no problems just got car so checking it all over but cant seem to find that part for the 1.6fsi done oil change filters, cleaned throttle body, cleaned egr started putting vpower petrol in but thought to get the cam follower checked

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by garry62be View Post
    no problems just got car so checking it all over but cant seem to find that part for the 1.6fsi done oil change filters, cleaned throttle body, cleaned egr started putting vpower petrol in but thought to get the cam follower checked
    You should have that cam follower. Best thing to do is first phone and ask your VW dealership parts department for a price. If your engine has it then they will quote you otherwise tell you it doesn't have one. Then you can search around.

On Ebay they only have cam follower for 2.0 FSI. It maybe the same follower, not sure TBH.
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for your help,i have sent vw an email and see on ebay they do them for the 2l but says not compatible for my car so will wait and see what vw say

6. Likes lemta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for your help,i have sent vw an email and see on ebay they do them for the 2l but says not compatible for my car so will wait and see what vw say
    If you do examine the cam follower I'd be interested to know the condition of it. I too have an 1.6 FSI (year 2005) which is currently at over 135k miles. What mileage is your car?
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Post Thanks / Like
    mine is off to my local mechanic on thursday for new wheel bearing so told him to have a look,mine is on 80,900 so will let you know on friday when i get it back ,also just had reply from vw they asked for car reg so just waiting for their reply

9. Likes lemta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you ever clean throttle body never move the flap, just spray and clean small conector inside if you move the flap could cost you a new one,works well with just a good clean and spray when removed but DO NOT MOVE THE FLAP!

11. Likes lemta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you ever clean throttle body never move the flap, just spray and clean small conector inside if you move the flap could cost you a new one,works well with just a good clean and spray when removed but DO NOT MOVE THE FLAP!
    Yes, good advice.

I've cleaned mine, and before doing that I went through lots of info and advice was to not move the flap. It's the 2nd time I've cleaned it but this time I took it off and it still had lots of carbon build-up.

First time when I cleaned the throttlebody I made a big booboo. I sprayed into the throttlebody without taking it off. All the muck that was on the TB went into the cylinders. There is also an EGR pipe that connects under the TB and that has lots of carbon build-up. When I sprayed the cleaner it took of all that crud and sent it into the engine. So the engine was actually pinging a little more than before. Lesson learned!
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to say I wanted to clean my EGR valve but didn't want to make it worse as taking it off completely. Did you clean it in situ? Any difference after cleaning?
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast