Thread: Unlocking traffic jam assist on 2019 GTD

Post Thanks / Like

Unlocking traffic jam assist on 2019 GTD

Im awaiting delivery of a new GTD DSG and it has the adaptive cruise with lane assist. I really wanted the traffic jam assist but wasnt going to spend 1135 for the lane assist plus package, but Ive seen a few companies that offer coding services to add a function to a car that already has the correct hardware in place.

Has anybody used any of these companies, with any feedback good or bad? Will it be picked up at service time Ive done this, and so affect the warranty? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    2016 Passat B8 R-Line 2.0 TDI-CR
    Ordered: Golf GTD

Post Thanks / Like
    What was it you were wanting from Traffic jam assist - I’m only asking as if it’s the “follow me” function that keeps you moving at a set distance from vehicle in front in slow moving urban traffic then on my previous dsg Golf this worked as part of the acc function as standard. Unless the newer dsg setup has the brake to slow and change down to a halt function disabled of course. It would brake, slow to a stop and set off again unless stationary for a few seconds then it would require throttle input to set off again.
    Something I do miss on my current manual Golf!
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150PS ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 TSI 90PS​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.